Friday, August 8, 2008

if you ever....

if you ever think that your children are playing nicely in their room while you are sending your mother an email... take it from me.. maybe just maybe .... YOU SHOULD CHECK!
(especially if suddenly you have an overwhelming smell of shaving cream in your house)
i apologize for all the pictures but i am just trying to do the damage justice~


just in case some of you are out their thinking.. what a neglectful mother.. where was she when all of this was happening. i can reassure you i had just checked on them and that they were able to cause this amount of destruction all with in about 5 minutes!!

in case you were wondering what my reaction was to this destruction..it was laughter. at my bridal shower a woman named Lucinda gave me some advice. this was it.

"bad things are going to happen ~ so you can either laugh or you can cry about it ~ so you might as well laugh"

i think i have laughed my way through every mini disaster we have ever faced.. and for some of you that know me well.. you know laughter is something that comes at the most inopportune moments! (for me anyways)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

My favorite part of these pictures is how blissfully happy they are! They have no idea how much cleaning will result from their "experiment" :). They look overjoyed with their new discovery! (I bet they smell good too!)

Mo said...

Wwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhoooooooo!!!!!!

Naomi said...

When I was in high school, I baby-sat for a family in the ward that had a 3 year old boy and 18 month old twins. I was changing the boy and getting him ready for bed when I heard lots of giggling in the living room. The twins got a hold of the baby powder and had shaken it ALL over. There was a white cloud in the living room. I was mortified! I tried cleaning it up the best I could. The parents laughed and then she told me later that she was cleaning up baby powder for weeks after that.

Mo said...

Meghan you are soooooo lucky that it wasn't the "POWDER" When you put the water to it "BABY DOUGH"

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com