Thursday, November 1, 2007

Trunk or Treating.... Halloween


Well we went trunk or treating on the 30th at church. The boys seemed to really enjoy this. They thought it was a great idea that if Cullan said "Peese" they each got a piece of candy. Cullan said peese because we had not mastered trick or treat. So he would say peese and then they would hand each of them a piece of candy and they would throw it in their trick or treat sacks, unless it was something they thought it was something extra delicious. Then there was a bit of a struggle to get it out of their hand. But it was fun to get to visit with all of our friends and see all the kids in their costumes. They were all so cute. I saw one of my old roommates and her little girl. She was the cutest little ladybug. She was running all over getting candy and then checking her stash. It was very cute. ! The picture with the kids and I in the stroller is a funny one to me. The half smile and half scared look on my face is because after on sucker each you can see they were bouncing off their chairs. Cullan was springing out already. The next night on Halloween, we went to a Halloween party. It had games and the kids were able to run around and play. They were able to go on a treasure hunt. At the end they got these big treat bags. It was a very cute idea. All of the kids had a lot of fun. It was a good Halloween. Hope everyone else had fun..

1 comment:

Sandi said...

One of the guys I work with was talking to someone and he said he had to go home so he could go Trunk or Treat with his kids and my guy I work with said, "Oh, are you a Mormon?" I thought it was cute that he could recognize he was a Mormon by such a simple thing as that. If there was a way to make him my secretary in Relief Society, I would do it. He keeps track of all my birthday phone calls and reminds me of meetings on my calendar.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com