Friday, November 16, 2007

FLASH BACK FRIDAY!

This flash back Friday goes out to my little sister. Once when I was probably like 15 years old which would have made her 7. Anyways I was watching TV in our living room and my sister wanted to watch the Power Rangers. I would not let her and so she grabbed the remote and took off. We lived in a split level house at the time and so she jumped the first set of stairs and then jumped the second set and headed off to hide in her room. Well of course I was behind her. I also jumped the first set of stairs making my turn on the landing and then heading down the second set of stairs with my socks on I might add. So I have to pause at this point in the story to say that our stairs were wooden. Also earlier that day my sister had helped my mom clean the house. However being seven she did not know exactly what to use on what. So she had pledge the stairs. Yes folks.. PLEDGED THE STAIRS.. I can still hear my self hitting each hard wooden step as I fell to the bottom of those stairs. Then when I finally landed at the bottom in a pile I ended up with a broken finger.. And as I am laying at the bottom of our stairs in a pile here comes Sara handing me the remote saying "You can have it, I don't want to watch anymore." ARGGG
PS Can I add that Sara had a TV in her room. It was not like because I would not let her watch it in the living room she was completely missing it. She was being a typical younger sister.. Annoying at times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My other favorite story is when it was just you and Sara at home and there was some guy lurking around the backyard...I mean it wasn't funny that there was some guy around your place, it was funny how you described it! You're a very good story teller. Hope to see you next Friday for a bit!
Love ya - Monica

Rebecca said...

Although I always wanted a sibling, sometimes they don't come in handy!

everything pink! said...

happy almost birthday. and that ss bike is AWESOME. i miss jellies!

Mo said...

GO GO POWER PLEDGERS!!!!!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com