Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A SCARY WAKE UP CALL.. ALL THE WAY AROUND!

Well the other night I went to the store around 6:30, of course it was dark and I was trying to do things as quickly as possible because it was so chilly outside. I pushed the cart up to the end of the car and had it where I could see. I opened the side door that I was going to put Kael in, and as I turned around I could see very manly arms by my children but could not see a face. Just the arms. In a split second my heart dropped to my stomach. I started looking around thinking who out here will help me. I was literally about to start screaming at the top of my lungs "GET AWAY FROM MY KIDS! " and many other things at the top of my lungs, when our friend Dwayne popped his head around the van. I thought I was going to pass out from relief. It seemed like an eternity that I was standing there deciding what to do, but it was only a split second. It was just a really good wake up call to me about how I need to be much more aware of my kids and who is around them. If it was a stranger he could have easily grabbed one or both and took of running or threw them in a car that was close by. OH even now it makes me sick to my stomach to think about. For the record they were not even two feet away from me, just the position of the cart was at a funny angle. I will be much more careful from now on.

Second a man at our church passed away last night. He was young and had very young children. When things like this happen it always serves as a wake up call. I just think he was so young, looked to be in good health. They think he had a heart attack, but nothing is solid yet. It just makes you appreciate the time you have that much more. I look at my boys after both of these incidents and think, I need to be a lot more grateful for the time I have with my family.

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com