Thursday, December 2, 2010

ginger bread houses 2010

this year we did gingerbread, well graham cracker houses as always. the kids love it and i enjoy it also. we always invite the missionaries from out church to come and make some as well. it is fun to see what everyone comes up with and to laugh at all the chaos that unfolds!
here we all are, starting out. looks pretty organized right...ya well that did not last. in true fashion for our family, things got a little messy. b had a peppermint patty go down the wrong tube and she threw up on the floor. Kael dumped two full bottles of sprinkles out on his house. Yes we were watching him, but you just can not catch everything. After making our houses garran gave B a bath and then put the boys in. When he came back down we heard the boys yell, yep, B had climbed in the bathtub fully dressed in her PJ's! LOVELY! However, Garran and I were laughing. Would we really have it any other way. NO. these are the things we look back on and laugh at and will be able to tell our kids. i don't think family activities are supposed to go perfect or mess free anyways....right?
so here are the finished projects....
Kael - 4 years
Garran's- to his defense, he was holding Ayla so his house suffered a little this year.
This is Briea's. basically she put a little candy on her house and then just moved around the table sampling all the treats that were out.
Cullan' house. He was disappointed that he did not have enough room to fit a pool.
I had Garran snap a picture of me with my house. I was pretty happy with it.
I did a close up because one of the girls that came brought shark gummies as kind of a joke, but I worked them in!! I have a well in front of my house with a shark coming out!
Carmack's house. she was the funny lady that brought the sharks. the right part of her house is an aquarium and has sharks swimming in it!
this is the other girl's house. she even built a garage with a bug in it. it was really cute.
we had a fun time and made a huge mess. that is how it is supposed to go though. fun memories usually come with sticky fingers and big messes!!
Hope everyone is getting into the holiday spirit. I know I am. I am off to address our Christmas cards while Ayla is napping!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Very impressive. I like the gum shingles.

Britt said...

Tell Garran we won't hold it against Him that his house sucks. hehehehe

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com