Friday, December 10, 2010

christmas party!

i was invited to attend a Christmas party that was being thrown by one of the ladies from the church we attend. i was so excited. woo hoo socializing!! can you tell i don't get out much. anyways, i was laughing to myself after i got done preparing for the party. i can totally tell that A. garran is on break and B. i do not get to do as much crafty stuff as i would like. i think i went a little over board with my appetizer!
so the invitation said that we had to make a homemade appetizer, salad or dessert and that there might just be prizes for something fun. well, i found this on a web site and could not resist. ya like i said, you can totally tell garran is on break. if he was still in school, it would have been like carrots and ranch dressing. ;0) anyways it is a homemade cheese ball with red peppers and black olives. i am excited to see how it goes over.
then, we were also asked to bring a gift that was either home made or store bought but that could not be more than $10.00. i ended up making this from stuff that i had around the house. the only thing i had to buy was the star and heart. i think it turned out ok. hopefully whoever gets it will like it.
i am excited to go tonight and have some fun and hopefully meet some new people!

3 comments:

Mo said...

I would love "Frosty" if I got him and Santa looks really yummy!!!!! I hope you enjoyed the party....can't wait to hear how it went.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, those are both so cute!

Rebecca said...

That Santa is so stinkin' cute! And the snowman! Oh shoot, that's what the other commenters said. Well, I'm sticking to it. Very cute!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com