Saturday, October 23, 2010

October 21 2010

well our day started bright and early. we had to be at the hospital at 5:30am. my c-section was scheduled for 7:30am. we got there and things went rather quickly. about 15 minutes before we went into the OR I asked Garran if he thought it was to late to run. I have to admit my nerves were getting the best of me.
here is a "lovely" picture of me waiting to be wheeled back to the OR.
Garran modeling his scrubs!
after we were ready they took us back, got my spinal stuff all done and then brought garran in. it was a very surreal experience. it was very strange to to think that just behind the curtain you were cut open and they were working on you. i don't know. if I wasn't having a baby, I don't think that I would want to be awake for surgery. I didn't enjoy all the noises and things like that. However it was very comforting having Garran there. I just kept looking at him and he would talk to me to keep me distracted. Before we knew it we heard a cry.
Here she is!!
Ayla Joan was born at 7:53 AM on October 21st.
She weighed 7lbs 5.8 ounces and was 20 inches long!
Garran and I just about both fell over. We could not believe how small she was. I kept looking at her and asking if she was ok. I had never had a baby that looked that little and I was worried that something might be wrong.
She was just fine. Healthy as ever. Her apgar scores were 9 and 10. she was so cute and sweet. Garran got to bring her over to me so I could at least look at her for a few minutes and then off to the nursery where they cleaned her all up and got her ready to meet me in my hospital room.
I have to admit that was my least favorite part. I really wanted to hold her right away like I had with my other babies but that just was not going to happen. It seemed like it took them forever to stitch me up. But finally I was on my way back to my room. I was so ready to hold her and find out all her info.
her we are...reunited finally!
the kids were so excited when they were finally able to come and visit. they all wanted to hold her and love her.
kael was very sweet with her and was giving her kisses!
cullan was also very sweet. when it was his turn he started to rock her and sing twinkle twinkle little star to her.
Briea was over the moon. It was like her own personal baby doll. She kept smiling and saying baby, baby!!
Her is our sweetest new addition!
Welcome to the family Ayla!!
I have a picture of each of our kids with Garran in a rocking chair, so I had to make sure to get one of this
My mom and George surprised us and showed up at the hospital. I had no clue they were coming, but I was so happy to see them. It was a great surprise!!
Thanks for every ones love and support.
My actual c section was not to bad, however I will say this. I would not recommend having one if you have a cough. I told my doctor about it, but they said we would go ahead. Coughing after having a c section is HORRIBLE!! It is very painful and is pretty miserable. I am hoping it will go away quickly so that I will be able to heal that much faster!
here we are, one happy bunch!! let the fun times begin ;0)

6 comments:

Erica Jayne East said...

What a gorgeous family. Welcome to the world little Ayla!

Megan said...

Congrats to all of you!!! She is a cutie!

Britt said...

You guys look so beautiful!!! I can't wait to see you guys this summer!!!

Mo said...

Hey...... I am always excited to see that group!!!

Lacey.costner said...

she is so beautiful Meg! Congratulations!

meghan said...

Erin Morrissey Lohr Oh my goodness....such a sweet, chunky little face!!! She is beautiful!!
October 21, 2010 at 1:09pm · Like

Lorianne Terry Frisbie SHE IS GORGEOUS!!! How beautiful!
October 21, 2010 at 1:09pm · Like
Meghan McLaughlin Gillespie Thanks! This is Ayla. 7lbs 5.8 oz! She is our new tiny princess!
October 21, 2010 at 1:11pm · Like · 2

Erin Morrissey Lohr Love her name!! So original...........
October 21, 2010 at 1:15pm · Like

Jennifer Cole Whipple Congrats Meghan!! She is beautiful! 2 boys, 2 girls!! perfect
October 21, 2010 at 1:15pm · Like

Elizabeth Jean Rivera Cute Cute and More Cute!
October 21, 2010 at 1:17pm · Like

Martie Heath-Sinclair Very beautiful, Meghan - and Garran! How are you feeling Meghan? Of course, the spinal hasn't worn off yet...
October 21, 2010 at 1:22pm · Like

Mary Bullock Eaton awww, what an angel!!
October 21, 2010 at 1:23pm · Like

Krysta Gutierrez OMG she looks like an angel...congrats!!!
October 21, 2010 at 1:32pm · Like

Meghan Frost Horan Yeah! So happy for your entire family! Enjoy your new little bundle!
October 21, 2010 at 1:47pm · Like

Lisa Russell so very sweet!!
October 21, 2010 at 1:48pm · Like

Sheri Passey Sears Yay!!! How exciting :)
October 21, 2010 at 1:56pm · Like

Heather Stonebraker Costner · 2 mutual friends
Awww...congrats!! She is beautiful!!
October 21, 2010 at 2:22pm · Like

Erin Taylor Godfrey congrats Gillespies! She is beautiful, and her name is equally as beautiful!
October 21, 2010 at 2:54pm · Like

Charity Hartson what a sweetie! Congrats!
October 21, 2010 at 3:15pm · Like

Rhonda Kenoyer Glaspie YAY! 2 boys and 2 girls...perfect! I would ask if that's it but when you have GORGEOUS babies like her (LOVE her name too) you have to have more! :)
October 21, 2010 at 3:36pm · Like

Jodi Stevens Releford She is beautiful!! Congrats.
October 21, 2010 at 3:46pm · Like

Jenny Vazquez absolutely beautiful!!!! Congratulations!
October 21, 2010 at 4:06pm · Like

Jamie Palmer Congrats! She is so adorable!
October 21, 2010 at 4:10pm · Like

Cheryl Miller Desrochers Congratulations!
October 21, 2010 at 4:55pm · Like

Monica Schneider Absolutely breathtaking - as all your babies were.
October 21, 2010 at 5:04pm · Like

Jerusha Crifasi So very sweet.
October 21, 2010 at 5:20pm · Like

Rhonda Kenoyer Glaspie I showed Jeff her picture and he loves her chubby cheeks (Lynley was so tiny she didn't have those) Then he said most babies have trouble getting their shoulders out but she had trouble getting those cheeks out. LOL! She is so beautiful!
October 21, 2010 at 6:42pm · Like

Keeley Loffredo Berardi awesome!! Congrats!
October 21, 2010 at 6:46pm · Like

Bridget Bakula CONGRATS!!!!
October 21, 2010 at 7:11pm · Like

Emeryn Moana Stone Coulson Beautiful baby. Love her name. Congrats Garren and Mehgan. Anxious to see all of you.
October 21, 2010 at 7:26pm · Like

Rebecca Randy Newcomer I can't wait to read your post about her. She is beautiful. I love the name Ayla. And how nice to know you got at least one smallish baby!
October 21, 2010 at 7:32pm · Like

Tara Cashwell Nichols Knew it was a girl!!! Congrats Meg!
October 21, 2010 at 7:49pm · Like

Amber Smith Loden Congratulations to you Megs and your beautiful family!! We miss you guys dearly!!
October 21, 2010 at 8:11pm · Like

Christi Clawson Johnson Beautiful!!!! (of course ;) ) Congrats! Sending hugs. Ya done great Meghan! So proud of you!
October 21, 2010 at 8:56pm · Like

Lacey Newcomer Costner she is so precious!!! Chubbiness and all!
October 21, 2010 at 10:37pm · Like

Sharon West Soooo adorable ! Congratulations!
October 22, 2010 at 11:25am · Like

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com