Sunday, October 10, 2010

blankets.

this tradition started in our family because of a "friendly neighbor" that i had while pregnant with cullan. she was also pregnant and asked me  if i would be interested in making a blanket for him. i was all over the idea. i loved the thought of him having something i had made for him and it was fun to get to hang out with my friend while we worked on the blankets. 
so first came cullans.
 

I was so excited to wrap him up in this blanket. I have pictures of him in the hospital all cuddled up in his baby lamb blanket.
Then Kael's was next.
 

When I bought Kael's fabric I was not sure if we were having a boy or a girl. We had not had the ultrasound yet, however I love frogs. I used to collect them when I was younger and when I saw this I just feel in love. So I bought it and set it aside! Again my "friendly neighbor" and I worked on the blanket and she did the edging for me because I had no idea what I was doing!
next was Miss B's!
 it took me a while to decide what to do for her. i could not find anything that i was really falling in love with. i would go from fabric store to fabric store trying to find something that stuck out to me. finally I came across this and while it was not my dream fabric, i loved the idea of the soft pink on the blanket. it seemed so girly to me and since Briea was my first girl i decided it was going to work. it is hard to tell but it has patch work pink stars all over it. it is a sweet little pattern and I am glad that I went with it. (ps. by this time my "friendly neighbor" was not my neighbor anymore, so I had to drive out to their new house. it was totally worth it though. i always had fun hanging out working on this sort of thing)
Now for number 4!! 
this blanket, i went in a totally different direction. I looked through the baby section of fabric and saw nothing that i liked. since this baby is going to be a surprise i tried to pick something that could work either way. it is hard to see but this blanket has green, browns, orange, and two different shades of pink. the brown trim seems really dramatic in this picture for some reason.. maybe it is and it just looks different to me in real life.
i like that it is kind of funky and different. i am excited about putting our new little one it and wrapping them up. i was just telling garran today that once I get the blanket done, i know we are close. sadly i did not get to do this blanket with my friend. 3 out of 4 is not bad, but it would have been fun if we still lived closer to do this one together too! so now we just have to wait our 10 days, and we will have our new little babe to wrap up in it!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the green and brown blanket. I like that edging. Is it very hard to do? I'd love to do one like that for my little one on the way.

ALTA said...

I love love love the blanket. Good work... :) I remember trying to figure out what to do for AJ because we didn't know if it was a boy or girl and it was hard. Great Choice!!

Megan said...

Beautiful blanket! Great job girl! I can't wait to see the new baby wrapped up in it too!

Amy said...

I love the funky fabric!!! Very cute!~~

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com