Saturday, August 28, 2010

seriously not our week!

this little miss is STRESSING ME OUT! i mean not necessarily her, but all her weird reactions to things. we are still working on her allergies to who knows what. she was supposed to have her 18 month checkup yesterday, but we ended up having to reschedule. i was really looking forward to it because i really wanted to talk to the doctor about some of the things i have noticed her having a reaction too. anyways, yesterday morning i noticed she had a bug bite on her side. it did not look like a mosquito bite, but it was a bug bite none the less. by dinner time it was horrible.

it looked like this. swollen, very hard, hot to the touch. she was miserable. we kept putting triple anti-biotic ointment on it and watching it. we tried to call her peds without any luck. i feel so horrible for her. i know she is uncomfortable. this morning there is not much change, so we are trying to decided what to do next. our town is so small the only real option is to take her into the ER. ( i am not really wanting to do that, but i also don't want this to get worse) since it looks infected. i know it is hard to tell from the picture, but this is the size of a decent pancake!
i really hope next week is not so complicated!!

6 comments:

Britt said...

Poor B.

Mom of 5 Gents said...

Have you tried an ice pack on it? I know that sometimes helps. Otherwise, I've had to use hydrocortisone ointment or take benadryl, but I wouldn't want to use those on my little one without the ped saying it was okay first. Poor thing!

Stacy said...

Oh my gosh!!! Oh... poor girl... I have to say that I'm in pain just looking at it! I hope you guys can figure out what all she's allergic to. It's frustrating not to know...

Lisa said...

Owie! Bradley got a bite like that a little big ago and I was really worried about it being infected too. I have him some benedryl though, and since he didn't have a temperature we waited a while and the swelling all but disappeared. Has your doctor recommended keeping benedryl on hand?

meghan said...

@lisa- yes we keep benedryl and hydrocortozone on hand at all times. it did not really do much which is why i was so concerned. but things have calmed down this afternoon. I just get stressed easily when my kids are not feeling well. ;0(

Frisbies Forever said...

Well, of course you do! We have reactions like that sometimes too. It is STRESSFUL! My two littlest are covered from a day of fun. Not that big though! Let us know what helps. Getting wore out from creams and liquids that work slow too and make them asleep.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com