Monday, August 2, 2010

sara's shower

So this weekend we traveled to Des Moines to celebrate with my sister and her fiance. They were having their wedding shower. We were glad we were able to be there for it since there is a good chance we will not be able to attend the wedding. Just to close to baby # 4. Anyways, here are some pics from the party.
 they are big Iowa state fans. hence the red and yellow cake.
 Jeremy's aunt Terri was the host. She has a fun game for them to play. They lined up a bunch of guys and Sara had to feel their calf muscles and try to guess which one was Jeremy!
 She did a pretty good job. She guessed right. I thought it was a pretty hard game.
 then it was Jeremy's turn.
 Jeremy's brothers  helped him in the room.
 Jeremy did pretty well. He narrowed it down to number 2 or 6. Sara was 2 and he picked 6. I don't blame him. I don't know that I could pick Garran out. ;0)
 Like I said, they are huge Iowa State fans, so that was the theme of some of their gifts.
 Jeremy and his nieces!
The Happy Couple!
September 4th will be here before we know it. We hope that day goes wonderfully. We are sad that we might not be there, but I am sure it will be a great day for them!

2 comments:

Jeanie Doll said...

Congrats Sara!

Britt said...

That does seem like a hard game but I bet it was fun.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com