Saturday, July 24, 2010

something new

so i failed both of my diabetes test. BLAH! for the first time ever. it stinks. however, it is not all that bad either. i had to go for training on Friday at the local hospital. it took about two hours and they explained everything from things i should avoid eating to how to use my new handy dandy glucose meter. i have to go back in a week to see if i need to be put on insulin. the nurse seems to think that i might. her reasons are that my body does fine during the day processing everything and my levels are good, however at night while i am asleep is when the problem occurs. i wake up with high blood sugar, which i guess means that i might need a little extra insulin before bed. thank goodness this is only for the next three months. at least that is what they tell me. there is a small chance in anyone who has gestational diabetes that it could stay after the baby but they said that my chances are pretty slim. i have a new sympathy for people that have to do all this on a regular basis. so for this week i am trying out the new system and by next Friday we will know about the insulin. WOO HOO! (sorry i can get a little sarcastic at times) so for now I am staying positive. it could always be worse.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Yuck. That is no fun, but hopefully it's only temporary.

Britt said...

As if you don't have to get enough needles when your prego anyway.

Jolley's said...

I had it with all 4 pregnancies. It was a pain (and a pain in my finger). So I will have diabetes inthe future I'm sure. If ya need to talk I understand.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com