Monday, July 12, 2010

new news

well today i had my monthly check up for baby to be. things went pretty well and standard for the most part. heart beat was good and i drank my nasty glucose stuff. blah. it really isn't that bad, i just hate drinking that stuff. anyways the only thing that was really any different is that the doctor said that she had some concerns about the results of the ultrasound.
of course my heart sank immediately. i felt sick. however, as she started to talk things started to get better. she said that during both of the ultrasounds they were not able to see the baby's upper lip. the doctor said that this was not a definite result but that it did mean that there was a chance that the baby had a cleft palate. i kind of took a breath of relief.
while i would prefer that there be nothing wrong, (which still might be the case) this seems so minor. i think of all the horrible things that could be wrong and this seems pretty minor. yes if the baby does have a cleft palate, there will be surgery to correct it and that is concerning. only because it is surgery and you never want to see your kids have to undergo that. so right now we are hoping for the best and that they just were not able to get a clear view. we are also looking into getting a 3D ultrasound to see if they can get a better picture of what is going on. not that it would really change anything, more to just prepare us for what we might have to take care of.
so for now keep your fingers crossed. we are going to say a little prayer and hope that things work out no matter what the outcome. right now we are just grateful that it was not something serious.

1 comment:

Jeanie Doll said...

I hope everything is ok but like you said, at least if it is that then it is something minor.

That glucose test is awful! I know that some people don't think it is that bad. For me, it was absolutely horrible. I was so nauseaus the whole time and didn't even feel better when I threw up. Anyway, I am just glad it is over for you. :)

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com