Wednesday, July 21, 2010

out smarted!

The Genius
recently i posted about a little boy in our neighborhood who the boys call master. (per this little boys request) we have ended that. they now call him by his name. but for the point of the story, i will refer to him as master. anyway, "master" makes frequent trips to our door. he will send the boys in and they will say thing like "mom, master needs a green popsicle" or "hey mom, master needs a snack". Now it is one thing if we are giving our kids something and ask him if he would like something. however, garran and I both feel that it is a little on the rude side to just walk up to someones house and request food. especially when once it is given he seems to disappear.
yesterday, i think we might have fixed the problem. i love my husband for many reasons, but yesterday it was for his pure genius!!
"master" came to the door and cullan said "master is hungry, can he have a popsicle?". Garran said "no, he can't have a popsicle, but i have something for him." He then told the kids to sit at the picnic table on our back patio.
Garran then came out with a bowl of diced carrots from a can and a bowl of asparagus from a can. he set it on the table and said enjoy. all three just looked at it. then they proceeded to try it. Garran and i sat and watched their faces as the boys tried the asparagus right out of the can. It was so funny. Garran went back out after a few minutes and said, "oh did you guys want something else?" master said "well what do you have?'" Garran replied "hmm, i think we have some brussel sprouts!". needless to say, "master" went home! problem solved.

7 comments:

Mo said...

I am still laughing...just wish I could have seen the expression on "masters" face!!!!!

Jeanie Doll said...

What a little punk! Good idea with the veggies! I would have had a hard time being nice to that kid.

Amy said...

LOL!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!

Christi said...

That is definitely GENIUS!

Lisa said...

Awesome! What a great idea.

Carie said...

Bahahahaha! He is the genius! I would've never thought to do something like that! Hilarious! I think I woke up my daughter who was napping by laughing out loud! :)

Britt said...

Garran needs to come and take care of ours.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com