Wednesday, February 4, 2009

mission impossible~

today this was true!
i decided to make a doctors appointment because i thought i might have more than a little congestion. well i get there and the doctor tells me that i have bronchitis. we talk for a while and then he tells me that i should be feeling better by friday.
I HOPE THAT IS TRUE!!!
anyways when i came home from the doctors office, garran had a few hours before he had to return to school so i decided to lay down and take a nap.
this was the "impossible mission" i spoke of in the title.
i went to lay down & i put this baby gate up in our door.
we are trying to keep the kids out of our room more and closing the door is not that effective.
they just open it and go on in. so we are trying this technique and so far so good.
well until today.
so i might have been laying down for about 30 minutes when i hear the boys at the door.
i hear the gate rattling and decided to roll over enough to see what they are doing out of the corner of my eye.
cullan is climbing over the gate. kael is standing there on the outside saying "help me brother"
so cullan goes over and shows kael how to climb over while trying to lift him up.
soon i hear a thud and they are both in.
next i feel two little sets of hands on my back and hear
"shh kael mom is seeping"
so all of a sudden i go
"boys what are you doing?"
they both jump and run for the baby gate at which the find garran standing.
while it was cute. i was so tired i thought, please just half an hour kiddos!!

5 comments:

Hartson family said...

Love it! Sorry but I'm totally laughing right now- not at you, but with you! Right.

Mandy said...

Little Cullan and Kael are so sweet! Isaac saw your picture on my blog and said, "Look, Cullan and Kael's mommy!" Not only can't you get rest, you officially don't have an identity of your own (at least according to Isaac)!

Rebecca said...

Being sick stinks, but at least you are surrounded by cute guys!

Lynda said...

Boy do I remember those days, try taking a nap with six children running around and their father very firmly saying (in a loud a booming voice) "You guys need to be quiet Mom is SLEEPING". Actually I could pretty much sleep with just the kid noise, it was the other that would jolt me awake. I hope that you feel better by Friday . . . it always is a pain to be sick when you are pregnant.

Megan said...

You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon! I can't wait to see pics of that beautiful baby girl!!!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com