Sunday, February 8, 2009

baby dinner drama~

well i thought i would blog about my evening last night.
i guess it was almost comical all the things that happened. we were all laughing about how we were worried about what would go wrong next.
my friend mandy had planned a dinner/ baby shower for me.
unfortunately she was unable to stay.
so when we first got there we had to wait about an hour.
then we changed our numbers of people a few times due to confusion so we ended up waiting almost two hours.
i was ready. i dont know about any of the other ladies, but i was ready to eat!! =)
so we got seated and were looking at the menu when the waitress walks up and says, by any chance do any of you drive a white van. well my friend krista did. the waitress then informed her that her car had been hit in the parking lot. so we got that taken care of and continued to order.
about 20 minutes after ordering the waitress walked up to me and said. im really sorry for some reason i spaced your order and i was wondering if you could tell me what you wanted again and i will run and put it in. ARGGG!!
so while we waited we had a great time chatting and i opened some gifts that people had brought.
(cute little bibs from meghan h.)

(little onsies)

there were other great things that people gave me but i did not get pictures of everything. however these ladies were so great and gave me some very cute gifts!

so our food came and we had a great time. the food was wonderful and we were all chatting.
we even got some group pictures in. (lindsay, krista, marti)(meghan h, me, stacy)
all of us!
do you think the drama was over for the evening....oh no hold on.
one of the girls there got a call from her husband that he was following an ambulance that had their son in it, who was having a severe asthma attack.
so we pretty much decided that it was time to end the evening there.
so we were packing up to leave but as we were headed out i went over to look at kristas van and wacked my head on a tree branch.
what a night huh?
it was almost like one of those shows where they keep messing with you to see how long you will last. then if you do they give you some money.
well no money, but we did have a highlight to our evening, besides just having fun and hanging out.
for any of you Seinfeld lovers out there, we had a run in with a guy who looked just like frank Costanza. i dont know if i spelled that right. this picture does not do it just, but they looked just a like. we were not the only table talking about it. so my friend stacy grabbed my camera and shot this.so thanks to everyone that was able to come and have fun last night. it was fun to have a girls night before the baby comes. i am glad we all made it out and had fun talking about it later!

4 comments:

Jeanie Doll said...

Such cute pictures. I wish I there to help you celebrate.

Lisa said...

Wow! I can't believe what bad luck you guys had!
I love the saying on the pink onsie though.

Stacy said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I had soooooo much fun last night! I'm STILL laughing about Castanza... "Serenity NOW!" :o)

SIDE NOTE: Oliver is doing much better! He was released from the ER a little after midnight and stayed overnight with Ed's parents! Thanks for thinking of him!

BTW... Thanks for such a fun night! I hope you didn't have a headache after you nailed your forehead on that tree!!! You are LOVED, my friend... don't forget it! I have some of the most fun times with you... and SO MANY LAUGHS!!! (ie: almost dying because of Burek!!!) hehehe! We'll definitely get out again before Gillespie Gal comes! ;o) Love Ya!

Krista said...

I agree...fun night despite all of the craziness! Next girls night...PEDICUREs before baby!
Luvs!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com