Wednesday, February 4, 2009

im a believer~

does anyone know what this is?

nope its not a tea pot, its a neti pot.

im sure some of you out there may have already heard of it. it is wonderful. my mother in law has been trying to get garran and i to try it every time we get sick or are struggling with allergies. we always smiled and were kind of like "no thanks". well recently garran was not feeling well and got desperate. he tried it. he went on and on about how great it was and how he could tell a difference. well low and behold this week i got sick. now let me say i suffer with sinus stuff constantly. if its not a cold i totally suffer from allergies. so anyways garran kept telling me i should try it. so finally a few nights ago i did.

~this is what it looks like when you do it~

( i know not the coolest or prettiest. garran gladly took a picture of me doing it, but i opted to use this lady that was on oprah. )

oh my goodness, what a difference. i am a believer in the neti pot. its a little awkward but with this cold i have hardly had any sinus issues which i did when it started. this little pot cleans it all out and relieves the pressure. it takes a little while to get used to and never use really cold water. garran learned that the hard way. it really burns. you have to use like luke warm water. anyways i thought this might be helpful during this season of what seems to be constant sickness!

6 comments:

Mo said...

Where do you get the pots?

Mandy said...

Using cold water would be horrible! That made me laugh out loud!

Hartson family said...

Too strange. I think I'm still in the smile, but politely decline stage. Maybe try me again next year.

Stacy said...

Hey man... if you are desperate enough, you'll stick a suppository up your butt... if ya know what I'm sayin'... ;o)

I saw some Neti Pots for sale at Walgreens in the Pharmacy area.

*Haven't had a cold yet, but Jaren does... SOOOOOOO I'll probably be buying one for ME in a few days! ;o)

Krista said...

I have used something like this that my surgeon gave me after I had sinus surgery. As soon as I feel a cold or aleries comming on I use it. Love it.

Lisa said...

I laughed when I read Garran used cold water too! Ouch.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com