Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sometimes I wonder?

Ok so yesterday I had to go get a MRI for my stupid on going back problems. Well the lady tells me to lay on the table and to hold really still. She says that this test is going to take about 25 minutes. She hands me some headphones so that I can listen to the radio and a squeeze thing that is hooked up to a bell because the test is really loud and that would alert her if I needed something because if I yelled she would not be able to hear me. So starting off things are going ok. No big deal. I am laying there listening to the radio and then I feel the urge to scratch an itch. Now how is it that your body knows exactly when you can not move and then insists on making a million things itch all at once. So I am laying there trying to ignore this unscratchable itch, thinking to myself "you can overcome this, just ignore it". So things are going pretty well. I am ignoring this miserable itch when I feel the desperate urge to cough. Now let me back up and say that while on vacation I developed a kind of nasty cough. So this would not be a little clear your throat cough, it is going to be one of those body shaking hold on to something coughs. So now I am trying to lay perfectly still, ignore this stupid itch and trying to think of any way to avoid letting this hugh cough out. So I thought maybe if I ring the bell the lady can pause the test for a minute so I can get this cough out of the way and then we can continue. (I do not want to mess this test up because it is going on 2 months of bad tests trying to figure out exactly what is wrong) So I go to ring the bell, but because I had been thinking so much about my itch and cough I had not realized that while laying in this tight coffin like machine both my arms and hands had fallen completely asleep. Ringing the bell was not really an option. I could not really even tell if I was still holding the bell in my hand. I thought well this is just great. So finally the cough got the better of me and I let it out. Of course I moved which means when I got to my doctors appointment on Wednesday he will probably tell me that the test did not come out and that I have to do it again. LOL.. Sometimes I think that my body just likes to play tricks on me like this just to have a good laugh at my expense.
PS. As soon as the test was over and I could move, that stupid itch went away. See what I mean about my body playing tricks on me. Oh well it could have been worse!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Meghan, you are too funny! It was so great having you here. I was telling Randy how it was just like we had never been apart. Not like we were the best of friends but it was never awkward. Do you know what I mean? Anyway, it was fun and so your post!!

Christi said...

So... I see you posted a poll. I'm not sure how to answer (why didn't you choose the "can answer more than one" option?) but I guess technically Dex's dad introduced us, huh?
Love the blog!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com