Monday, July 16, 2007

2nd half of our vacation!

Well the second half began just as the first. We were back in the car headed toward Virginia. They boys did ok on the way to Jerusha's house (my husbands oldest sister). It was I think 6 hours to get there. I can not remember now. Anyways when we got there we were greeted with lots of hugs and excitement. Justin and Jerusha have six kids, so there was alot of excitement. This picture was actually taken the night before we left. But it is one of the only group shots I have of everyone. (My favorite part is Cullans pose in the bottom right hand corner). Anyways we had a great time visiting their family. Unfortunately it rained the majority of the time we were there. But we did go a see a movie together kid free. It was fun to hang out. The tie dye shirts the kids are all wearing we made while we were there. Tessa and Brina and myself were at Wally World and were looking for something fun to do with everybody and this is what we came up with. I think everyone enjoyed making them. They all looked so cute wearing them. One of the days we were there the kids decided to go swimming in a little pool they had in the yard. Cullan thought it was great. Once again Kael did not. But I got some great pictures.






The first one I just have to say that if you look closely, you can see the naughty expression on his little face. The rest I just thought were cute. Jerusha's youngest is just two months older than Cullan. Oh my goodness. It was like Bonnie and Clyde. They were always into trouble but she is adorable none the less. She is super sweet and ironically enough, when Garran would go to punish Cullan, she would come over and put one hand on her little hip and the other hand had her finger pointing at him, waving and saying something in baby gibberish. It was very funny. We also go to go to the creek near their house. It was alot of fun and I think the kids really enjoyed it because of all the rainy days we had had. (I'll put up another slide show below of the second half of our trip). So we left their Friday morning. We headed toward Fayetteville. I was super excited to be back in my hometown. It had changed alot since the last time I had been there. But we got to go by and visit some friends of mine, the Newcomers. It was good to see them. I was excited for them to meet Garran and the boys. Then we headed over to Garran's grandparents. He had not seen them in like 13 years. So we had a nice visit with them. We had made plans to try to get a hold of and meet up with some other people on Saturday but time got away from us and we were not able to do any of that because we really had to get on the road by noon. I was really bummed that I did not get to see more of my friends but that is just how things worked out. Hopefully we will get to go back soon. So we headed out and were on our way home. Oh yes but could things go smoothly, of course not. Myself and both the boys caught some kind of stomach virus and the boys had multiple blow outs that we had to pull over and strip them down. I was not so bad but I was sick for the majority of the way home. Oh well. We finally made it home. And now back to life in Iowa. I have to admit being in that area of the country really reminded me of how much I would like to return there.

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com