Thursday, July 19, 2007

Oh what goes on in a Day!

Well good news first. The doctor said that my back is basically healing itself. He said I fall into a very small percentage of people that this happens to but hey I will take it. No complaints here. If it means no back surgery then it is fine with me. I was very excited to leave that doctors office with the hopes of never returning there again.
So as always our day started off with comedy. What day doesn't around here. Garran told me that Cullan had been trying to do everything he did in the morning. Garran said that Cullan would watch him and then repeat whatever he was doing. So if Garran was shaving, Cullan would take some shaving cream and want to put it on his face. So here comes the explanation for the picture below. When Garran is getting ready in the morning, obviously deodorant is a step that goes along with that process. So of course little Garran Junior wants to put on deodorant. He is so funny because he almost always only puts it on under one arm, but for the rest of the day he walks around smelling like men's Cologne. My almost two year old is already smelling like a man. Does anyone else think there is something wrong with that? =)


So smelling good and ready for the day Cullan, Garran, Kael and myself went and ran some errands. When we got home Kael was asleep so Garran and I were playing with Cullan. One of his most favorite things to do is to play ball. Any kind, shape or game. Throwing, Rolling, Tossing, it does not matter he is over joyed. Anyways for some reason unknown to me Cullan was in his high chair and he and Garran had started a game of catch. So of course I reach for my camera, why because this is what I always do in hopes of catching great moments with my kids. So here are a couple snap shots with Cullan playing catch. You can just see on his face oh much fun he is having.

How cute is he. Then Kael woke up from his nap. Boy now that he can scoot he is always into something. Anyways he found a screw driver that Garran was using and decided to help out. I just think he is so cute I had to throw these in also. Kael is so funny, anything that Cullan does he thinks is wonderful. So shortly after Kael picked up the screw driver Cullan was there to show him how to use it. I guess this time Kael was ahead of the game.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I have so many things to say about this post!
1. Yay your back is healing! (no more lasers to avoid)
2. Your kids are so cute! (dallin and kaylee were "reading" over my shoulder and looking at their new friends)
3. Dallin doesn't wear deodorant but he turns on the shaver and shaves his face. (the copycat really comes out when he sees me and then hoists his leg onto the side of the tub to shave his leg)
4. Kaylee thinks your photo of Garren on the sidebar is of a girl (she thinks "she is trying to look like a cow or something")
Anyway, I love reading your blog!

Christi said...

Moooooo! Hehehe.. I just keep trying to imagine what it would look like if he hadn't had to shave right before the shot.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com