Wednesday, October 3, 2012

look a little to familiar???

Yep that is how I was feeling too. 
Since Friday I have been having this abdominal pain, but it is really in my very low abdomen. No where near my incisions or surgery location. 
Everything with my surgery is going great. 
Let me just say this...The hardest part after surgery is getting all of your water! 
WATER-WATER-WATER!!
You can only sip, but you have to drink a ton. 
It is hard. At least for me. 
Anyways, back on track.

Garran decided to take me to the ER when I was doubled over in pain around 5pm tonight. I felt horrible because it was Kael's birthday today and I had already missed somethings do to follow up appointments. Anyways, when we first arrived, everyone was thinking it was my appendix. I thought to myelf..."Wonderful! This would be just my luck!!". 
Luckily It is not my appendix. They diagnosed me after a CAT scan with severe abdominal pain. I know right. Not much help. They gave me some pain meds and sent me home. The pain meds don't do much so I guess I will just be giving it some time. 
Other than that.. Things are going well. 
Met with the surgical nurse today and she said my incisions were healing wonderfully and the dietician said I was down 13 pounds from the last class I was at!
That made me feel good. 
As for weight loss they said that this was pretty much how it would go. 
In the first month you will about 20lbs.
Then after that you will loose between 2-3 pounds a week. 
That is music to my ears. 
I am trying to be as honest as I can about my journey since this is my journal for this part of my life. 
I am an open book so if you have questions, please feel free to email me or leave me comments here!!
I will update again soon!!

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com