Sunday, October 7, 2012

Conference!

Oh my goodness. This General Conference was so great. 
Here are just a few high lights from things that I loved. There were so many but these are just a few I am pulling from my notes. There are so many more. 


  • Quentin L Cook: "Parents need to step up. Do not be afraid to say no. To filter things and bear powerful testimony. Spiritual maturity MUST flourish in the home!!"
  • Ann M Dibb: "I know it, I live it, I love it! Be doers of the word!"
  • Dieter F Uchtdorf: (really the whole talk) but "Try to be your best self. Excelle to be the person we were meant to be. Let yourself be happy. Don't let external circumstances control your happiness. You are in control of your happiness. Don't ruin sweet and memorable experiences by rushing to the end. Enjoy the moment and happiness." LIFE IS NOT MEANT TO BE ENJOYED IN RETROSPECT! One sees clearly with the heart. Anything essential is invisible.
  • M. Russell Ballard: Honey Bees. Imagine what could happen if we were all anxiously engaged to serve others? Daily compassionate acts for our friends and neighbors. 
  • Neil L. Anderson: I really enjoyed his talk about the Gift of Faith. The whole talk was wonderful. I am just going to pull a few things I wrote down. "Fiery trials are meant to make you stronger but often can make us fall away. When you are feel week- Don't step away.". Another part I really enjoyed. " The world asks, How can you ask so much? Just as the Heaves are higher  than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways." Build your faith upon a rock!
  •  Dallin H Oaks: Amazing Talk! I mean really, I wish I could copy and paste this entire talk. It was so good and so spot on. One of my favorite quotes, "The best gift we can give a child is Birth!". 
  • Linda K Burton: "First Observe-Then Serve" I really enjoyed this talk as well. Something she said that stuck out to me to remember, " Sometimes we want to serve in our way and not in the way that actually needs to be done".
  • Walter F Gonzalez: Seek essential truth with your heart. We must be plugged into the "Celestial Web". "We must always be quick to remember the Lord. Pride and iniquity easily sneak in"
  • Jeffery R Holland: WOW! I mean what can I say??? This was an AMAZING TALK!! My notes are to many, but as soon as there is a link to the talk, I will come back and post it here. I mean, just a WONDERFUL talk. 
  • President Thomas S. Monson: "The Lord is in the Details of our Lives"


Sadly I was am still feeling sore from surgery and laid down in between sessions and slept through part of the last session. I am going to go back and watch it on the internet. But this weekend was so wonderful with such great talks. Like I said I only pulled a little from my notes. But there was so much more that I loved! 
Did you have favorites?? Leave me comments and let me know which ones you like or what stuck out to you!!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

This was such a great post! One of my favorites was President Uchtdorf when he spoke of not waiting for some future event or time to be happy. I find myself doing that with Matt and graduating from school. I keep thinking, "Just get through and then our real life will begin!" The reality is, I need to realize my blessings now and find the happiness now. It can be so easy for me to fall into the trap of wanting more and more and forgetting the blessings of today. It strengthens my testimony after each General Conference not only from the amazing talks, but also because each talk is always something I have been struggling with, praying about or needing to hear. I am glad you had a good weekend! I miss you!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com