Wednesday, June 27, 2012

rough day.

yesterday was a rough day. 
I had to go get an upper gi endoscopy. 
I was not all that nervous because I have had one done before. 
I was feeling pretty good when we showed up at the hospital. 
Garran sat with me through registration and then had to go out to the waiting room. 
I went and got my IV and was wheeled back to the room for my procedure. 
this time was a little different. 
there was not an official anesthesiologist, just a nurse and  drugs to make me sleepy and then I was out.
 the part that was not so great was the fact that i woke up half way through the procedure. 
i never opened my eyes. not because I didn't want to, but i was not really able to. 
I just remember coming to enough to realize that something was down my throat and I remember hearing the doctor and the nurse say to me that I just needed to calm down and try to breath through my nose. it seemed like forever that i was choking on that thing, but it must have only been a few minutes and then they must have given me some more drugs because the next time i woke up I was in the recovery room with a horrendous sore throat!
then we were headed home. 
i was so ready. 
i was feeling really groggy from the meds and just wanted to rest. 
however when we pulled up in the drive way i saw two boys messing with our duck nest. 
as soon as they saw us they took off running. 
i guess i have become more attached to this little nest than i had realized. 
I was so angry that they were messing with it. 
When I went over to check i noticed one of her eggs was missing. 
i was so mad at those little boys. 
i am sure they were just curious, but I am sure that egg is no more also. 
The mam duck came back and is back on her nest. i am sure she realizes one is missing. 
I should not get so attached, but I do. I can't help it. 

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh no. I am so sorry you woke up! I guess I started to, but I don't remember it. I can't imagine being aware of the tube. So much for great sleep!

Carie said...

Kudos for not panicking... I probably would've lost it! Drugged or not! Sheesh!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com