Sunday, June 10, 2012

feeling better!

I think I was just having a down week last week. I had not lost any weight that week and was just feeling bummed. However I feel a renewed sense of things will work out and I will continue to make progress. I know things are not moving as fast as I would like. I also know that it is at this point that I get frusterated because the weight seems to stall and not come off. 
That is exactly why I am having this surgery. 
It is just like the surgeon said. It is leveling the playing field. 
With some of my health issues he said to imagine it was like I was at a race but starting 20 yards back behind everyone with a backpack of extra weights on. He said that the surgery was just a tool to level the playing field and get me up to the starting line with everyone else. 
it made so much since to me since I have felt that way many times in my life, especially when I have been trying to lose weight in the past. I have watched it just melt off others, and mine just barely drop little by little. Even when I was being supervised. It is so frustrating and emotional to feel like a failure at something you want so badly. 
then i would stop because I would kind of feel like....what is the point? it was a vicious cycle. 
I am so ready to make this change and have this surgery. 
I really think it will change my life for the better!!

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com