Saturday, June 2, 2012

Opening Day!

Today was opening day for the IRON BIRDS!!
They got their team pictures taken and then played their first game. 
I took a quick picture of the boys when we first got to the field. 
It is not that great because the sun was right in their eyes. 
I did not want to pay the insane amount of money they wanted for individual shots or for team shots.
So I just took my own.
This is one of the ones I snapped.
Coach Frank is in the red shirt and the other man is just one of the dads from the team.
After pictures, it was time for the GAME!!
 Here is Kael at bat!! He can really hit that ball. I was so impressed. He has really taken to baseball. He is so good at hitting but also has a real talent at fielding! I mean as far as t-ball goes!
Cullan is also pretty good at hitting. Fielding he gets a little bored with. Most of the time he would rather be playing in the sand. At this age.... I think that is pretty normal. 
The good news is that they both really enjoy playing, and that is what is important!!
Here is video of both the boys hitting!!
(I have to admit, I might be a little bit of a proud momma!)


I am so excited that the boys love baseball and that we get to enjoy this as a family all summer. 
Of course the girls like to just run around while we are at the games, but they make good cheer leaders. I have to throw in a couple of pictures of them because they are just so darn cute!!
 Miss B striking a pose!!
Ayla being cute, staying hydrated to cheer for the boys!!
Hope everyone is having a fun and safe summer!!
We are enjoying ours!!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I wish we were there to watch the boys play ball. I didn't realize they were on the SAME team! How fun! It looks like they are having a great time! I can't believe how old they are getting!

Mandy said...

They look so cute! I love little league pictures! I have some too. I was the chunkiest, tallest little softball player. :) By the way, Briea's summer dress and jean jacket are SO stinkin' adorable!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com