Wednesday, April 18, 2012

where am i??


let me just start by saying that yesterday was a very long day for me.
it was beyond stressful. i can't even begin to say. 
anyways. after a long day, i had to run some errands and meet some friends. 
while i was out, Garran asked me to stop and pick up some dinner for him since I was not going to be home. He had had a rough day and so I told him that I would get him some rice and beans. 
one of his favorites.
so i stop at office max and then i walked down to this little mexican restaurant.
I walk up to the counter and asked if I can place an order to go. 
The lady says sure. 
I tell her that I wanted an order of rice and beans. 
she looked at me kind of funny.
like i said it had been a long day, so i might have had just a little bit of attitude at this point.
i said again, "rice and beans!!"
she asked me what kind of rice. 
i thought to myself, what kind of rice?! the only kind you guys make! spanish rice or whatever the reddish rice is that every mexican restaurant in the world makes.
she then hands me the menu and asks me to select off of the menu. 
so i look at it. i guess reading through my frustration and i see...
chicken rice
beef rice
shrimp rice
I thought to myself....what kind of mexican place is this?!?! 
i was really getting frusterated. 
so I said.."i guess chicken rice!"
and then she asked me what else. 
so i repeat rather annoyed,
"beans!"
she looked at me like I was crazy. 
so i finally say...
"beans, you know like the mushed up beans that you serve?!?!"
she again looks puzzled!
as i am starting to see red, i realize it is because I am in a Chinese restaurant that has a bunch of red lanterns hanging from the ceiling. 
I look at the asian hostess with a blank stare.   
I realized that I looked at the menu on the door as I walked in.
I even thought...hmm that is odd that a mexican place has a buffet!
I just turned around and walked out. 
I think this might just be proof positive that I have officially lost my mind!

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com