Saturday, April 16, 2011

status updates.

i did not want to forget some of the status updates from facebook that i did not post on here. so this post is pretty  much just for me.
  • My kids have not been listening and I just told them to go to their room when cullan looks at me and says "mom mom just watch." then turns to briea and says "here comes the tickle bug" (tickles her) then says with a cheese grin " see mom she laughs" ... how do you stay mad at that!
  • is laughing at my son you just yelled to me while running to his room, "Good-Bye and Good Luck Mom!" (Sat, 19 Sep 2009)
  • is pondering "If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will—to your surprise—miss them profoundly." Pres. Monson. I love this talk. (Mon, 21 Sep 2009 01:00:35 GMT)
  • Meghan loves my kids. They make me laugh. Garran and the kids made me a surprise while I was laying down not feeling well. When I got up they brought it to me. Cullan said, here mom take a bite, I said that I would in just a minute. Kael then proudly says with a big smile "I take a bite!!" and does with JOY!! (Tue, 06 Oct 2009 )
  • Meghan was just in one of those situations with her kids of "do as i say, not as i do". I had to explain why it is ok for mommy and daddy to have a watergun fight in the house but not them.. I am such a mean mommy! But Garran is soaked!!! (Tue, 20 Oct 2009)
  • Meghan says you have got to have a sense of humor as a mother. Tonight after the kids went to bed  I noticed there was a small amount of candy corn left in a baggy on the table. Most of them were broken in half. I grabbed the bag and sat down next to Garran to watch tv. On about my third grab out of the bag..... i suddenly looked at Garran and said...."I'm pretty sure I just ate a crayon!. Gotta love it (Tue, 27 Oct )
  • still laughing from the following conversation with my son Cullan. C-Mom why does God love you? M-Probably because I'm cool!! ;0) (said with a smile) C-Ohhhh Yeahhh BabY!! (Sat, 14 Nov 2009 )
  •   wonders where my kids come up with things. Today at Target we were leaving the register and I said "Ok guys grab on to the cart" Cullan responded..."Yes Master". Yeah I got a weird look from the cashier. (Mon, 23 Nov 2009)
  • is lauging at cullan eating some ice cream while looking at briea and saying "oh ice cream is nasty..it is really gross!". I don't think she is buying it. (Sun, 03 Jan 2010)
  • Meghan has decided my son Cullan is pretty dang smooth. Tonight he walked up to me and said "Mom, you are the most beautiful mom in the world" I resoponded, "Thanks Cullan". He then said without missing a beat.." Your Welcome....Can I get some juice?" (Sun, 31 Jan 2010 )
  •   today cullan came out of the shower and said  "Dad Kael is playing with your ...mmm...white fire hydrant" Garran went to investigate, Kael was spraying shaving cream everywhere! (Fri, 12 Feb 2010)
  • Today Garran dropped Cullan off at preschool. Garran said that when they got into the classroom, Cullan said, "Ok Dad, go back to the Plane!". (Fri, 19 Feb 2010
  • Meghan has a very clever son! This morning Cullan said "Mom, can I have eggs for breakfast!" I replied sure. I was checking my email, so I told him to wait just a minute. He then told me he would get them. I thought ok. He can handle getting them out of the fridge. Ya I turn around and he is eating a bag of those Reese Easter Eggs we had hidden. (Fri, 26 Feb 2010
  • Meghan loves my husband for many reasons...but this conversation is just one of  the many reasons. Garran: I think the universe really does balance  itself out. Meg: Really, why is that? Garran: Because when the guy in  front of me at wal-mart who had a mullet checked out and left, at the  same time a woman with a mullet walked in. It was like the universe was  keeping the exact number of mullets it needed at Walmart! (Fri, 02 Apr 2010
  • Meghan is doing some math:
    1+1=2
    2+3=5
    5+1=6!
    (Sat, 22 May 2010
  • Garran is taking the kids to the park so I can do some cleaning..needless to say I could use a little down time...Anyways on their way out the door, Cullan says "come on dad, were busting out of here!!" (Thu, 27 May 2010
  • my son just brought me a remote and said "here you are your majesty!" (Mon, 21 Jun 2010 
  • so cullan has been exposed to Napolean Dynamite. This morning when I came down stairs, Cullan said to me "Mom, Do i have any sweet skills?"
    ps. He thinks it is called Holy Dynamite!
    (Mon, 21 Jun 2010 
  • wonders what people must think when my kids say things like this. Today Cullan asked me if he could come to the store with me. I said yes. Then he throws his arms around me and says " How can i ever thank you MOM!!". (Tue, 22 Jun 2010
  • So we are watching the news due to all the bad weather and on the bottom of the screen where the little ticker has all the warning i read these exact words " IF YOU ENCOUNTER FLASH FLOODING, TURN AROUND AND DO NOT DROWN" thank you news for those words of wisdom!! (Wed, 23 Jun 2010
  • Cullan just ran in our house with two hand fulls of flowers. He said "these are for you mom" I said thanks and started to take both hand fulls. He then snatched one back and said "No, only these, the others are for my girlfriend!" Yikes! At least he remembered his mom though <3 (Mon, 26 Jul 2010
  • yesterday Cullan had been sent upstairs to play. A few minutes later he came downstairs and looked at me and said "Look Mom, I am just going to do what I want, so I am just going to lay down here on the couch and watch TV!" needless to say he was right back up stairs. (Fri, 30 Jul 2010
  • was watching a show where a lady had Quads. My son Kael said, "Mom, 4 babies would make you crazy!!" Oh the wisdom of a three year old ;0) (Fri, 06 Aug 2010
  • so today at Walmart, we were pretty close to being done shopping. My hips were really starting to hurt, just due to pregnancy, so I was walking a little differently. However, my wonderful son Kael, practically yells at me, "Mom, why are you shaking your booty when you walk?" Ya that got a few looks!! (Sat, 14 Aug 2010
  • loves when my kids say cute things. As Garran was heading out the door to go to school, Cullan says, "Dad be a good friend and be nice in class!". Hmm wonder what he hears all the time. (Fri, 20 Aug 2010
  • overheard the following conversation tonight: Kael-"Hey Cullan, do you want to race cars?" Cullan- "No Kael, because you just ruined my life!" I think I must have missed something ;o) (Tue, 24 Aug 2010
  • today at the hospital, while we were waiting for Cullan, Kael and I had the following conversation. K-"Mom we don't talk to strangers, because they might be mean and steal us, right?" M- "Yep" K-"So we don't talk to strangers so we can be together forever...or at least till the baby comes..right?" I guess once the baby comes, every one is up for grabs! (Thu, 26 Aug 2010.
  • Cullan just came up to me with his wallet in hand (i made him a pretend drivers license with his picture on it to put in his wallet). Anyways, he came up to me and said "so mom, are you going to let me drive the van now or what?" (Fri, 27 Aug 2010
  • is laughing again. Kael just yells from the top of the stairs.."Dad, Briea is out of her cage" Hmm wonder what that would sound like to someone stopping by. ps. he means her bed! (Sat, 04 Dec 2010 
  • cullan just said that he wanted a red riderhood baby gun for christmas. guess what movie he saw this week? (Mon, 06 Dec 2010 
  • Kael was sitting in time out for breaking a toy. Garran had put him there and I was in the living room. Kael yells out to me to tell me that he had broke a toy and that he was in time out. All of a sudden Cullan interrupts Kael and says "She knows Kael....She ALWAYS KNOWS!" (Wed, 15 Dec 2010
  • i just asked Cullan if he was going to get dressed before the babysitter got here. He said "No, I want her to see my sponge bob pajama's so she will know how cool I am!" (Wed, 12 Jan 2011
  • **update on Cullan being Awesome** within minutes of the babysitter arriving and Cullan showing off he busted his lip and started bleeding. So now he is not only Awesome but tough too!! (Wed, 12 Jan 2011
  • today, I told Kael to stop doing something while we were in the van and he looked at me the way only Kael can do and just said..."LAME!" (Fri, 21 Jan 2011
  • Garran just ran upstairs because he heard Cullan screaming/crying. When Garran gets up there, he says "Cullan, What is the matter, are you ok?" Cullan responds very calmly..."Yeah, I am just practicing my screams." (Fri, 28 Jan 2011 
  • as we were laying on the bed this morning, Cullan says to me (while looking at Ayla) "Mom, I can speak baby english, watch! Ajo Ajo BA Ba LA la! See she understood just what I said." (Thu, 17 Feb 2011
  • Today this is how I feel-- " Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying " I will try again tomorrow." (Thu, 03 Mar 2011
  • Cullan asked me tonight if there would be a butler to take care of him at the hotel we will be staying at. I seriously don't know where he comes up with this stuff! (Thu, 10 Mar 2011 
  • Kael- "Mom, this song is making my butt move, like Na na Na Na!" (Wed, 16 Mar 2011
  • Cullan just told me to watch his hopping skills. Then a few minutes later he asked me for the number to the state department! I swear..... This kid makes me laugh everyday. :0) (Wed, 23 Mar 2011
  • Cullan just asked Garran if we was impressive (I think he meant impressed) and Garran said, "Why yes I am  impressive!" (Thu, 31 Mar 2011
  • I asked Cullan to hold Ayla for me while I made a bottle. Cullan took Ayla and said "come here Ayla girl, let me tell you about our childhood!". (Sat, 09 Apr 2011                                     

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com