Tuesday, April 19, 2011

i do!

this morning cullan came in to our bedroom to wake me up. we were laying on the bed and started to thumb wrestle. Cullan said after beating me, "do you know what is better than one cullan, TWO CULLANS!", bringing out his other thumb. then he decided with my thumb and his two thumbs, that we needed to be a family. then he said, "mom, you need a thumb to marry." so we called daddy.
we came up and told him our plans. he said he would be right back and i ran to put my contacts in. when i came back he was in his PJ's with the suit jacket on that we got married in. So i went in our closet and put on the slip i was wearing when we got married on over my PJ's. Cullan told me i looked beautiful. so cullan walked me down the isle, are thumbs next to each other. then daddy and i joined hands (like we were about to thumb wrestle) and said i do! then he told kael to bring out the surprise.
(kael was the best man)
garran had made rings real quick. yes it is hair balls from my brush. (kind of gross but on short notice, very sweet.) and then the rings were made from some hemp. it was such a fun morning. then garran had to run for a critique at school and I came down stairs to face reality. oh well. it was a very fun morning!

1 comment:

Christi said...

i love it! so cute. I hope you keep your rings forever :)

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com