Saturday, April 30, 2011

head held high!

most of the time this is kind of how i feel when i go grocery shopping. just replace the dog with three other kids. i often feel a little overwhelmed and like things are just hanging on by a thread. most of the time i have forgotten what in the world i was there for.
i almost always leave the store with some sort of thought like, "man, i will not be winning mom of the year award any time soon" because of something my kids have said or done.
today was different.
today i went by myself.
that is not even the best part.
i went to the store, got all my items and was headed to the register. as i was making my way up front, i heard some crying. by the time i got to the register, it was more like screaming. i happened to glance to the self check out registers behind me to see what looked to be a 7 or 8 year old boy throwing what i could only say was a MAJOR tantrum.
(now before i go any further, i want to say i felt for this mom, but i have got to take what I can get)
lets proceed.
as i was checking out, it was just getting worse.
as i finished checking out and was walking out, i just happened to witness the major event!
as i was glancing over thinking to myself that poor mom, i see her son take the lid of his just purchased orange soda and chuck it high in the air and over about 3 registers. yep. the kid had an arm. he might even have a career in football if he made it to the car. i could see the horrified looks on peoples faces as the soda bottle spun, spewing soda wildly above their heads.
i did not stay to see what happened next. i just proudly walked out of walmart, with my head held high!
yep, at that moment i thought, mom of the year right here!

2 comments:

Trying to Blend said...

LOL - oh meg - kudos for not staying to watch the drama unfold. I totally would have and been sorely tempted to take sneak pics for the people of walmart website. I can totally relate to rough shopping trips - there was this old guy that stopped me in the grocery store to make sure he counted them all - he was close to getting my milk dumped on his head. Shopping with toddlers should be an olympics event!

Lisa said...

I agree with the above! lol. That poor mother, I guess all the craziness I have delt with on shopping trips are nothing in comparison to that!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com