Tuesday, November 17, 2009

why humor is essential.

or i might not make it through most days. i know that lately for my local friends at least, they have probably heard me say more than once that garran is never around lately. he has a lot demanding his time. school, work, bfa show, callings, etc... so i have been kind of a single parent lately. i have had a LOT of time with my kids.
i guess i should state first that i love my kids. i really do, and i also really enjoy being around them. however when mon - wed your husband is only home a grand total of about 10 hours...you start to get a little stretched thin. so here are some stories that i thought i would share to show how i had to laugh before i lost it. hence my title ...humor is essential!

story one

yesterday i was at the community college garran went to for a semester before transferring to order some transcripts. i had all three kids with me. the boys did pretty well with staying seated, but the lady behind the desk was not moving to quickly. i noticed that the boys had gotten out of their chairs and were wondering over by the door. not really a big deal. it was not crowded and they were not even 10 feet away from me. so i turn back around to continue my conversation with the lady at the desk. the next time i turn around i did so just in time to see to little boys in an elevator and the doors closing. luckily there was only one floor to go up to and i could see when the got off. it is a very open design for a building. i guess the look on my face said it all, because when cullan and kael got off, i could hear cullan from upstairs say "PLEASE MOM, DON"T BE MAD!!". Needless to say, I made them take the stairs down.

story two
same day as previous story, just earlier in the day. i had to take cullan to the doctor to get a shot. i was trying to prep him for it and he seemed to be ok with it, until he saw the needle. he let the nurse polk him but then came the big crocodile tears. he looked at me with the saddest face and very smoothly said, "mom, I need a doughnut". i forgot to mention there is a little bakery that is at the elevators as you go up to our peds office. wonder if something caught his eye on the way up?

story three
today we had run a bunch of errands and we pulled up at home around 2:00. i was sitting in my parked van with my door open and my head back on the head rest. by this time cullan had already let himself out of his car seat. he came up to me and said, "What is wrong mom?" so i replied, "I am tired Cullan!". He then laughed, rolled his eyes, and said "Geez mom, we need to have a talk!" I just looked at him and thought...what in the world does that mean.

3 comments:

Britt said...

Sounds like you are having FUN!!!! People always say that you will miss these times. I think I am looking forward to those days.

Jeanie Doll said...

LOL Geez Mom. That was so funny! I hope he got his doughnut cause I can just imagine his face with tears running down his cheeks.

Lacey.costner said...

oh man, I can just see the "mom" look you gave them when they went up the elevator..lol Don't those boys get you are from the South?? You don't play like that!!! lol Well, I can totally sympathize with you meg, Ryan is gone Mon-Thurs 7am-9p.m. I only have 1 kid and it is tough, I can't imagine how much you need a good laugh with 3 to deal with on your own! Garran is lucky he has such a great wife, with such a positive outlook!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com