Tuesday, November 3, 2009

confession

with all of this hype about the flu this year and h1n1 i have a bit of a confession to make. while i have made my own personal decision about whether or not to vaccinate my children with the h1n1 vaccine, i did not realize that watching and reading about everything has changed me. i knew that i was more diligent about hand sanitizer and things like that since all of this news has come out, however today at the store i made a startling revelation. i think i have developed a little phobia when it comes to germs. today as i was shopping with all three kids at the store. i noticed that i was sort of (not over the top) but sort of obsessing about what they were touching. it was driving me CRAZY! i started to notice people in the store coughing into their hands and sneezing and just being sick in general. i was glad that we were almost done when i had started to notice and felt some relief as we headed toward the checkout, so we could get out of there and head home.
of course now that i have made this confession about my new very small but real phobia, this part is going to make me sound like a crazy person. i start putting my stuff on the belt to check out. i am not really paying attention to the cashier. i am to busy loading and wrangling kiddos. by the time everything is loaded she is maybe 1/3 of the way through my stuff. all of a sudden i notice something. SHE IS SNIFFLING. ok that is not the part that really set me off. it was that she would kind of sniff, wipe her nose with the back of her hand and then continue to check. i felt sick to my stomach. in my head i was wondering how in the world i would be able to sanitize all of my groceries. YUCK. (like i said, this last part makes me sound like a real freak. i am sure they come off the shelf with all kinds of germs on them already. it just really bothered me today for some reason.) all i could do was stand there and watch her spread her germs all over our diapers, wipes, milk, apples, i guess you get the idea.
so when i got home and saw this particular cartoon i thought it was appropriate. i think i might need something for anxiety! ;0)

6 comments:

Jeanie Doll said...

LOL I understand. I think everyone is a little paranoid right now. My doctor told me to get the H1N1 vaccine so I did. I got there one hour after they started giving shots. The pulled all us pregnant ladies out of the line and said they had four doses left of the pregnancy safe kind. I was the first to get one of the remaining doses but the lady behind me was literally thanking God out loud. Crazy times!

Melissa Lasley said...

That is too funny. Because there is nothing you can do about the checker, offer her some hand sanitizer from your purse? I'm not that brave.

Frisbies Forever said...

People are gross, aren't they?

meghan said...

Me Either Melissa!

Lisa said...

We are the same way with germs in our house. I keep hand sanitizer in the car so I can clean everyone's hands once we leave the store. But gosh, what do you do about your groceries?

Stacy said...

NAS-TY... that is all I have to say.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com