Tuesday, May 12, 2009

fire~

well i am slowly catching up on my blogging. things have been so crazy the last few weeks that i have fallen way behind. i decided to post about the last time we were at my moms house. we were all asleep and in the middle of the night my mom came downstairs to the guest room and said she thought the house was on fire. i jumped out of bed, letting the kids and garran sleep and helped my mom look. it was just starting to get really smokey and so i decided to go back downstairs and wake everyone up and get them out of the house. we called 911 and waited. so from about 3:30am until about 4:30 am we stood in the drive way waiting for the firemen to clear the house.

one of the firetrucks outside my moms house

after they cleared the house. a very nice fireman invited cullan and kael to go and look at the truck. of course they were wide awake. this was also perfect i though because we recently just went to the fire department with mom school and the firemen really stressed that if you see a fireman in your room in the middle of the night with all their gear on to not be afraid or go and hide, that they were there to help you. I thought this was a perfect way to show the boys that it was true and these fireman were great.

one of the more funnier moments was after they cleared the house their was this big tall fire fighter downstairs looking at the furnace with my step dad (the source of the problem). cullan looked up at this big tall fire fighter with all his gear on (mind you cullan was in a t-shirt and a pair of underwear) and said "excuse me...my house on fire?" the fireman responded "nope" cullan then said "ok thanks" and walked off. i could not stop laughing. sometimes cullan just blows me away with how big he can be sometimes.

here are a few pictures of each of the boys in the truck. please excuse the way the rest of us look. it was in the middle of the night!

after all the excitement each of the boys got a sticker and off to bed. whew. it was a long night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meghan - that was a great blog but I just had to laugh - in the part where you said the fireman and George were downstairs looking at the furnace, you had written(the source of the problem) right behind step-dad - now did you mean the furnace or George?! I knew what you meant, but if anyone else knows George...
Love, Monica

Nicole said...

Urbandale!! That's where I grew up. I didn't realize that's where your mom lives. There are some very good fire fighters and police officers down there. I know many of them personally from growing up or through my parents and I went to school with some also. I'm glad everything turned out well.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com