Tuesday, March 10, 2009

adjusting~

my boys have really surprised me. i thought we would be dealing with some serious issues with jealousy and things like that, but so far so good. they love little miss briea. they always want to help and give her kisses. they have been great with her. kael always calls her "his baby". i was really surprised that they have both come around. kael loved her instantly but cullan was another story. when they came to the hospital to meet her for the first time kael gave her kisses and looked at her. cullan walked over to my bed and looked at the tray by my bed. we said "cullan do you want to meet your baby sister?" he said "no, mom can i have some of your sprite?".
it is amazing to me how much bigger the boys look and seem to act. they do seem more wild than normal but still they just seem so much older now. funny how having a new baby can do that to you!

big brother kael

big brother cullan

4 comments:

Costner Family said...

Those pictures are adorable!! I absolutly LOVE the Sprite comment!! That is totally something my guy would say!! Hope all continues to go well!! Take care!

Lisa said...

Cute pictures! Sam was an uninterested big brother too.

Jeanie Doll said...

How cute! I've been wanting to text you to see when I could call. I'm so glad you are doing well. You have a great husband and three cute as a button kids. All you need know is a front porch swing and an old friend to chat with. Don't ever let anyone take my place Meg! :)

Christi said...

haha. That is not exactly what you were expecting. Kael takes to the baby and Cullan doesn't. Shocker.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com