Saturday, July 19, 2008

S-U-R-P-R-I-S-E !

last night we went to a surprise party for our friend mike. we met at a restaurant and then he and his wife mandy came in a little later.. it was a lot of fun to sit and chat.. its funny how when our particular little group gets together the boys always end up at one end of the table and the girls at the other. as always we had a great time. after dinner the plan was to go to see a the new batman movie. ok so i have to admit i have seen the others but was not like dying to go see this one. but man it was crazy..heath ledger is by far the best joker there has ever been. he is not just a criminal mastermind..he is what i would like to call "off his rocker" in a somewhat scary way. my friend stacy and i were sitting a couple seats apart but both screamed at the same moment.. did i mention it was suspensful! man i was surprised ! we were originally just going to go to dinner but then our friends the palmers surprised us and said they were getting tickets for us as a late birthday present for garrans birthday.. Wasn't that awesome! we have great friends. Hopefully mike had a great birthday! thanks mandy for inviting us and thanks palmers for surprising us with the movie- all though i have to say i had a dream last night with a clown.. YIKES!

check out my new glasses..my eyes have just not wanted to wear contacts lately.. they look very black in this picture!

4 comments:

Lacey.costner said...

We are sooo jealous, we aren't seeing it for another 2 weeks, it sounds like it was super cool though. Heath ledger does seem quite crazy in the role, what good friends you have!

Mike & Mandy said...

We are glad you could come! I am always happy to do at least a little something for Mike on his birthday! (Although, I haven't had a ton of ideas lately!) We have been talking about the movie ALL DAY! I would totally go see it again in the theater if it wasn't so much money!

Stacy said...

Ok... Does Ed look like a Serial Killer or what?! :) You'll have to email me those pictures since my camera stinks!

I'm glad you guys could come... yeah... my hatred for clowns just got amplified a bit after that show! It was an AWESOME movie I will say!

Jeanie Doll said...

You too look so cute!! I'm glad you are still havin fun! :)

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com