Thursday, July 3, 2008

just some quick thoughts

ok first off i have to say that there is something different about the place that we live..something that i have to admit i am enjoying. so the city that we lived in placed a ban on smoking in all public areas that went into effect last night at 12:00. (Sorry smokers, you might not like me to much after this) But i have to admit that i love that i can walk into a grocery store or restaurant with out passing through a cloud of smoke. everyone on the radio has been talking about it. i told sargento today when i came home from the store, i think the whole city smells better =)
now this is my random thought. today i had to go to the eye doctor to get some new glasses. which i love by the way. but that is besides the point. anyways i was sitting in the waiting area with a women who i would guess was in her early 60's. ok so i could tell that she was annoyed. i am pretty sure that she felt she should have been waited on long before now. so i heard her let out two or three very loud sighs. i finally looked at her over the magazine i was reading to which she rolled her eyes, stood up, and passed gas very loudly and walked away. guess i learned my lesson. next time i will just mind my own business and not look up from my magazine!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay for no smoking! That is something I really miss about Utah!!

Mo said...

Well, the city may smell better ...but so much for the room you were in after Crabby Lady left!!! Unbelievable!!!!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com