Friday, March 14, 2008

No Way.... No Way


Today was Cullans first dental appointment. We took him to this awesome pediatric dentist in our area. We will call her DR. K. She was awesome. Very patient, tons of fun things to make the dental chair not so scary. First of all when we got there Cullan climbed right up in the chair. Then he started scoping things out a little. They let him pick out his very own toothbrush. Then the let him pick out his favorite flavor of toothpaste. Then she came in and she turns the overhead light one and shines it on his toes and then his knees etc all the way up to his teeth. That is when Cullan got a little stand offish. She tried to get him to open his mouth to which he said " No WAy". For any of you that know my son or see him on a regular basis- this is a common phrase. Anyways she finally convinced him to open up with some singing. Cullan let her brush his teeth and was thrilled when he got to pick a toy out of the treasure chest when it was all over. Unfortunately he does have a cavity between his front two teeth. Argg. That kid always puts up a fight for me to brush his teeth. Anyways she was very nice about it, not making me feel like a bad mom. She said she had a two year old at home and she has to practically wrestle her to the ground to get her to brush her teeth. She said that between the teeth is especially hard because at this age the don't exactly let you floss. Needless to say by the time it was time to leave Cullan did not want to.. I guess good for him we get to go back!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am gonna be in for it...none of my kids have been to the dentist.

Dallin likes to take his clothes off too, but he only takes off his pants. He keeps on roos and his shirt.

And finally, you are such a brave and crafty mom. Yay for you!

Stacy said...

I'm so glad that he had a good time at the dentist. I'm with you though... I DREAD going to the Dentist and that's where I'm going on Tuesday morning!!!

BTW... can you still watch Jaren for me that morning? Give me a call!

Krista said...

ah, i miss the good ol days in the dental office.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com