Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Great to be 8!

So this kid turned 8!
 Here he is with all his sibs!
They are all getting so big!
 In our faith, when a child turns 8 they get to decide if they would like to be baptized or not. Cullan made the decision to be baptized. So on October 19th at 5:00pm Cullan took the plunge. 
Here are my two handsome guys before we left for the church. 
 Cullan and I!
Look at that. He is almost up to my shoulder...
He really needs to stop growing. 
 The three of us!
 My dad was here from Iowa visiting, and so he was able to attend the baptism as well. 
 We had a picture with a sweet little poem and the programs sitting outside for people to take. 
 Here is the poem that is next to Cullan in the frame.

Baptism Day

Little child dressed in white
He takes your hand, you hold so tight.
He, with his arm to the square
Commissioned of Jesus Christ, 
invokes the prayer.
You leave the water born anew
And pledge you’ll try His work to do.
Heavenly Father is happy today
Because you have followed His Son’s 
chosen way.
Remember always to choose the right, 
little child dressed in white. 

 Cullan and Garran ready for the baptism. 
 One more with the three of us. 
 Our little family. 
Our family and my Dad.  
My husbands sister and her family were able to be there to support Cullan on his big day. We love having them so close to us. It has been such a blessing. 
Because there were others that we wanted to be there but could not make it, we tried to incorporate them in. 
Garrans parent wrote a talk that was read by Uncle Joe.
Cullan's primary teacher Bro. Owens, who was just amazing to Cullan while we lived in IL, wrote a talk that was read by Tessa, Cullan's cousin. 
It was a very special and emotional day. 
Especially for me. 
When I decided to join the church in 2000, I was baptized in the same font that Cullan was. It is a small thing, but one that I will cherish and something special between us. 
I am so happy that Cullan made this choice and hope that he finds as much happiness as his dad and I have. 
Congrats Cullan on your big day!

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com