Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Anniversary/Graduation Surprise

This year some friends of mine and I got together and conspired to do something fun for our husbands who were all graduating this May. 
It was a surprise for the boys and fun for us girls.
It was kind of my anniversary gift to Garran as well because we didn't really have a chance to do much on our actual anniversary. 
 Here we are on the way to the surprise!!
 Can you guess where it is??

 That's right...Downtown Chicago. A dinner cruise out on Lake Michigan. 
 I mean, look at this view while we got to sit and enjoy a wonderful meal and good company!
 It was the perfect night. It was nice weather and clear skies. 
 As you can tell, I just kept snapping pictures fo the awesome skyline view. 
 Our group as the boat was heading back into the dock. 
 Garran and I! 
I just love this picture. 
 This one too. 
 When we got off the boat, Navy Pier was all lite up. I thought it looked so pretty. 
 We had the most delicious virgin strawberry daiquiris on the boat. The were so good we were talking about them the next morning. 
 One of my favorites of the night.
Happy Anniversary and Graduation Love!!
You are an amazing man and I love you dearly!!
Oh and I could not forget Phil. 
I promised him I would not put this on facebook, but my blog...Well that is a different story. 
There was a dance competition on the boat and there was a teenage girl that had signed up. The DJ was randomly selecting songs and this girl got "Single Ladies". She was obviously shy and the DJ asked if anyone wanted to go up and be her back up dancer. Of course Phillip jumped at the chance. 
ENJOY!

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com