Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas with PeePaw and Grandma Gillespie

Well the day after Christmas we headed to Garran's parents house to spend some time with them and have some fun. Garran had got a gift card from my mom to a place he really likes, so we stopped on the way out of town to let him spend a little of it. 
Here he is about to enjoy some lunch!
When we got there we had our Christmas with them and just had some fun. 
Here is Briea in one of her pretty princess head bands that she got.
 They kids enjoyed sitting with "peepaw" as Ayla has named him, and watching movies.
 While we were there, some friends of Garran's parents needed help moving and so we went to help them move. When Garran's mom and I got there we saw this cute little pup. The people said they were going to have to put her down when they moved the next day. Neither one of us could let that happen, so we jumped on Facebook and found her a new home. She is a sweet little dog, named Lucky who loves children and is very sweet.
 We also learned how to make survival bracelets from Garran's dad while we were there. I really like to learn stuff like this. It took me a minute or more to figure it out, but I finally got it. I have mine hooked on my key chain.
 Some of these are just random pictures, but this was Ayla on Sunday, just making her self comfortable while having a little snack!
 We always decorate sugar cookies when we come to Garran's parents at Christmas time. Here are Kael and Grandma doing some decorating.
 Cullan doing more tasting than decorating.
 Some of our finished work.
 All of the finished cookies.
 On Friday, Garran's younger brother and wife came to visit. Ayla just loved their dog Clancie.
 The still newly weds. They are almost to 6 months.
 Garran's parents thought it would be fun to have a christmas party with the family and some friends. They said that we all needed to come up with a talent for the talent show. Our family put on a magic show. But Garrans parents by far had the best talent. It was pretty funny!
 Here is Sam at their clinic!
 Kael and Mom watching the talent show!
 My SIL Ashley and my MIL Joan finishing up preparing for the party!
 Cullan partaking of one of the treats before the party started.
 This was me after I took my turn at the "Gillespie Clinic" Garran's parents did. I had vision problems.
 Both the girls LOVED my glasses and wanted pictures with them on.
 Then Ayla decided she was just going to be a ham.
 See what I mean.
 OH and one more. This one just made me laugh!!


Even though it was not exactly New Years Eve, we decided to have a balloon drop. The kids always love it. So here is the Balloon Drop!!


We had a really fun time visiting and partying. Here is the card we sent out through texts and emails wishing everyone a Happy New Year!
 And last but not least, this was the part of the family that we spent our time with. We were missing a lot of Garran's siblings but it was nice to get to visit and have a fun time.
Oh and I can not forget...Garran's parents have some cool little friends that we got to feed every morning. This blew the kids away. They thought it was pretty cool. Especially Cullan. I have a feeling he will be trying to find some new little friends at home.

No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com