Thursday, September 6, 2012

total mom moment

so recently my life has gone back into full swing. 
kids are in school. 
husband is in last year of grad school.
i have also taken on watching a friend of mines adorable 3 month old son when she was offered a job that she really wanted. 
On top of all that, I was recalled as the 1st counselor in the YW. 
So my days pretty much look like this!!
BUSY!
But busy in a good way. In a kind of way that you feel like you have been productive at the end of the day. 
But with these crazy busy days..come consequences. 
Tonight I went to Zumba!!
Which I LOVE LOVE LOVE by the way!!
Anyways..... we were at the end of class and we were doing a stretching....
something like this...
I am really feeling like I got a good workout when I hear the lady in the row ahead of me say, 
"Hey.....Hey"
I look up feeling a little confused because no one else was talking and I look at her with kind of - Can I help you eyes.
She then says.. "I think you are bleeding."
I say "WHAT?"
Again she says, "I think you are bleeding....On your leg."
I look down to see this long streak of red on the front of my shin. 
Although it was not really running like blood. 
It was more just stuck in place...
I put my finger on it and it was sticky....as if it had been there a while. 
I am sure to this lady was horrified as i scrape some off, smell it and then taste it. 
"No Worries I say....Just Ketchup!!"
She look mortified. 
Looking back, licking it probably was not the best choice. 
Guess I just did not think about it in the moment. 
Now to the real question...
How did I get ketchup on my shin and how long had it stayed there to become a gooey substance??
I am guessing it was from the hotdogs I gave the kids for dinner...that is my best bet anyways!
Ah the joys of motherhood!!
ps. I am guessing that lady and I are not going to be zumba buddies. I am pretty sure I just black listed myself in her book. Probably with good cause!! :0)

2 comments:

Carie said...

Bahahahaha! I would've done the same thing! If we lived closer, we could be Zumba buddies! :)

Lisa said...

lol! nice.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com