Thursday, September 27, 2012

the big day!

Garran, myself and my dad came into Chicago the night before and stayed in a hotel just so we would not have to fight trafic and all of that wonderfulness! ;0)
I want to try and document as much of this as possible. 
So this was yesterday morning before surgery. My final before pictures. 
so this was the morning of Sept. 26 2012
 front
 side
i had to check in around 10:00. Then I spend about 2 hours in pre op just going over things, getting iv's in place, all of that fun stuff. 
 Of course I wanted a picture with my handsome hubby. He has been amazaing through all of this. He originally did not want me to get the surgery just because he is not crazy about me having any kind of surgery. But the more we were both educated, the more he became a little more comfortable. I know he was glad when it was over. 
I just have to say, I love this man!
 and me after my iv. it was actually not all that bad. Usually the IV is the worst part of the hospital for me, but not this time!
 Here I am just waiting. I am so not good at waiting on things sometimes. 
 surgery went really well apparently. at least that is what i heard from garran and my dad. I was a little sore afterwards, but for te most part m recovery in the hospital had been really good. 

my view this morning when they came in to take my vitals. very pretty.
and my cup!! I get to work on one of these each hour!! Pretty exciting I know!
again, thanks for all the love and support you guys have shown. it has made me feel so loved!

6 comments:

Christi said...

Yeah! So glad that things went well--and a shout-out to Garran for the updates. They were much appreciated. Wishing I could do something for you, but at least you will continue to be in my prayers. So excited for you Meghan!

Carie said...

I'm so glad things went well! We'll continue to keep you in our prayers as you make this new transition in your life! :) You will look back on this post in a year or so and be glad that you kept such a detailed account of what went on! And also to see how far you've come! I'm way excited for you! <3

meghan said...

Thanks Carie!! Thai is so sweet of you to say!

meghan said...

I will take prayers anytime!! Glad you guys got the updates!!

Rebecca said...

Meghan! I am so happy for you. I hope you are doing well. Now I really have to get your library card to you! geez what a slacker I am. I didn't even know you were having surgery until the other day! PLEASE let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you!! When you're feeling up to it I'd love to go with you guys to the Y. It's no fun for me working out alone...

Mandy said...

I am so excited for you my friend and so glad it is going well so far. This is just the beginning of something great!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com