Thursday, May 3, 2012

Girls Weekend!

My friend Stacy and I had been talking about a girls weekend for a while. We had made plans a couple times only to have them fall through for a variety of different reasons. Well we talked on Wednesday of last week and decided lets just do it. So we met in Davenport on Friday and had a fun girls weekend. We met at a hotel Friday night, put our stuff up, and then headed to this murder mystery dinner. It was a lot of fun.
There were 18 tables of 8 people. 
There were different acts in between the meals. The characters moved around the room rather than on the stage. You had to listen to the clues, and their different stories and try and figure out who did it. 
The man murdered was named Edwin and was the father. 
 The lady in red was one of his daughters. She was a flirt. 
 The man in the vest was his life long butler. 
 This was his son. Not a very business savvy guy that had a gambling problem. 
 This was the man's son in law. He owned a furniture store and was the sofa king of the Midwest.
 Edwin's personal nurse....yeah 
 the butler again....observing what everyone was up to.
 The "sofa king". He was my favorite. He was hilarious. 
and last but not least, Stacy and the other daughter. She liked the track, smoking her stogie (that stacy borrowed for the picture) and drinking. She was also very nice.
here are my notes. not many people might know this, but i grew up watching unsolved mysteries and that show were the show the kid napped kids all the time. I tease my mom that that is why I am so paranoid as an adult!!
Anyways, here are my notes!! I think in some previous life I must have been a detective! :0)
Stacy and I both got the killers correct, but at the end they read some of the funnier answers. I did not try to make my funny, but Stacy is a natural at that. They saved hers for the very last. She was a little embarrassed at first. But everyone was laughing. It was really funny. 
After the dinner, Stacy wanted to go to a place called Huckleberry's. 
I had never had a canoli before, and she said theirs were wonderful. 
 They were pretty good. 
Stacy admiring her canoli!!
after this we went back to the hotel. 
lets just say it was a long night. it involved a bug in my bed, we named him Pierre. A rude manager. A lot of driving, one nice hotel employee and finally going to bed around 2:00 in the morning.
The next day we were off to see what we could find. Stacy and I both enjoy finding small little locally owned shops and fun things like that. So that is what we did. We headed over to the east village to see what we could find. 
 I loved this little store. It was a cooperative of local artist. They all displayed the things that they made in this store. There were paintings, clothes, bags, jewelry. All sorts of fun things. 
 This shirt was in the store. I loved it. I wish I would have picked on up. 
Since we were in the East Village, a couple different people told us that we had to go to Lagomarcinos while we were there. It is a cute little diner on one side and on the other side they make their own candy. They have been around since the early 1900s I believe. It has been in the family for multiple generations. It was wonderful. I had a chicken salad sandwich and a bowl of soup. 
 We were both stuffed after lunch, so we walked around and did some more shopping. Then we heard that we could not leave with out getting one of their legendary sundaes. So we did. 
Here is Stacy poor hot fudge on hers. 
We had so much fun this weekend. I think we both needed it. It was nice to just have a little down time.  Not to have to rush, worry about potty breaks, diaper changes, snacks, or who was tired, bored, etc. That being said, I missed my kids and hubby so much. I guess that is the irony of being a mom. You think it will be so great to have a break and then when you get one, they are all you can think about. 
All that being said, I am so glad I went. It was so fun and it was good to just chat and laugh with a good friend!!!

1 comment:

Carie said...

This sounded like an awesome girl's weekend! I've never been to a murder mystery dinner, but I hear they are awesome! :) Hope you can have more fun weekends like this!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com