Sunday, May 6, 2012

fickle folks

the other day, garran and i met and had lunch with three of our four kids. 
During our lunch, the kids were all very well behaved. We were even receiving smiles from other tables and one lady even leaned over to me and said, "you have adorable children!". I thanked her and was feeling pretty good about how the day was going. After lunch we got up and walked around the store for a minute because I needed to pick a few things up before I headed home. 
Somehow between finishing our lunch and picking up our items and heading to the register, we went from three happy, well behaved kids....
to this.
Now granted. Only one was throwing a fit. But it was a good one. I was laughing to myself at the irony of the situation. Not even 15 minutes before, the people in the restaurant side of the store were about to hand us PARENT OF THE YEAR awards and Cutest Baby Ever! 
Now we are getting the very opposite. 
The dirty and disgusted looks of, "can't you get your kid under control?" or "what kind of parent are you?". so this has led me to a new conclusion.
I might add, that I had a good laugh all the way to my van once I came to this realization....
You are only one tantrum away from falling from Grace as a Successful Parent!!


No comments:

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com