Friday, February 24, 2012

REALLY?!?!?!?!

here is the background to my story:
I have not been happy with our bank for a while. I hate their on line set up for banking and I have been shopping for a new bank for a while. So I had heard really good things about this other bank in town and decided to give it a try. here is what happened.

I went in to set up a checking and savings account. When I walk in a VERY bubbly brunette approaches me and is overly excited about talking to me. I can appreciate good customer service and think to myself, "Well at least they are happy about having our business.". So i sit down to start giving this, what I can only guess is an early 20 something girl my information. She is very chatty with me and with whom ever she was texting as well. I guess she thought that I might want in on the exciting conversation she was having with her cousin Erica, because she started to fill me in. As she sipped on her frappa-mocca-decaf-lattee, she told me about her cousins break up and how she was not wanting to go to class. Somehow in our extensive conversation she brings up that her cousin attends the university and is an art major. I don't know why i prolonged my pain but I stated that my husband was a grad student in the art department. So then we spent ten minutes texting her cousin, who apparently knew everyone in the art building, to see if she knew my husband. (I don't know if I mentioned that I did not care one bit if Erica knew Garran) moving on. 
So finally we are back on track with the account info when she brings up past banking. she asked where all we have lived and I proceed to tell her that we lived in iowa for 10 years before moving to illinois. At the news of this, she became almost giddy. "oh my gosh...are you serious?? i have always wanted to marry a boy with an accent. don't those boys from iowa have accents?". AT this point I could only sit there with a blank stare. I mean I guess Iowa people have an accent. I do remember when I moved to Iowa from North Carolina, everyone sounded funny to me. But really, I mean Iowa to Illinois just did not seem that different. So I said, well I guess it depends on where you are from. To which she responds, "Ya, you know right!". Did I mention she said RIGHT after just about everything. I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt but by the end of my hour there, I was so ready to be done. 
Since then I have done all my banking online.

1 comment:

Carie said...

Yeah... pretty sure I'd do my banking online, too! :) Iowa accents?! Bahahahaha!!!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com