Tuesday, November 22, 2011

we are family

so i have had a secret. 
in august i found out that i had an older sister. my mom decided that it was a good time to let me know about her. she had been looking for her for a long time but had not had any luck finding her. 
so when my mom told me about her, i told her that i was going to start searching for her too. one month later we found her. This past weekend was the first time we got to meet in person. We had all spoke with her on the phone, but this was what we were really looking forward to. 
Here is a picture of my mom and my older sister Victoria.
here is a picture of my mom and my two sisters. 
(L-R, Victoria, Mom, Sara)
Along with Victoria coming we had some family come in as well. We met late Friday night and then spend all day Saturday and part of Sunday together. I took a bunch of random snap shots while we were together. It was so great to meet Victoria. She is just AWESOME!! 
I am so happy that we found her and that we get to have her as part of our family. 
 Here is Miss. B sitting at the table chatting with everyone.
 Ayla cheesing it up for me. 
 This is my moms sister, My Aunt Sue.
 My brother in law Jeremy, and Kael. They were hanging out under the bar, just having a chat. 
 Victoria chatting with everyone.
 Well this is my grandmothers head, and my mom and sister chatting. 
 This is just a group shot of everyone sitting around chatting. It was a very laid back weekend. We just enjoyed our time getting to know each other and visiting. It was a lot of fun. 

and of course, ready or not...she was loved on by my group. they were so excited to meet her. they chatted with her any chance they got and loved every minute they got to spend with their new aunt!
I am really grateful that we got to spend the weekend with Victoria and I hope we get together again soon!


2 comments:

Carie said...

What a beautiful example of how our families can love and support each other no matter what! :) I'm so happy you got to meet your older sister! Looks like your kiddos just LOVED her!

jej said...

Congrats on your "new" big sis Meg!! :0) So excited for you guys!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com