Wednesday, March 30, 2011

updates and randoms.

well, we have been so busy and not necessarily doing fun things so this is just a post of what has been going on with us. 


Garran spoke with one of the professors that sat on the panel that interviewed him. She said that his interview went really well and that he was to modest about his talent. However she told him that that played to his favor. So we will see what happens. Keeping our fingers crossed. They said a few weeks and they will let everyone know.

*************************************************

i went to register Cullan for kindergarten and got a nasty little surprise when arriving. they had not sent me this like 15 page packet of information that I needed to fill out and they also failed to send any kind of information saying that we would have to pay $120.00 to register him. (yes we pay taxes in illinois for school, and no that does not cover any supplies or anything like that.) I found out that we have to pay that every year and for each child. So next year it will cost me $240.00 to register the kids for school. I know this is my first kid heading off to school, but I about feel over. That seemed like a lot of money to send my kid to public school and buy supplies on top of all of that. 

************************************************

Ayla is cutting her first tooth, so she has been a little grumpy lately.. poor girl just can not catch a break. first being so sick and then the teeth. sigh. oh well. on other exciting news with her, today I bought my first size two diapers for her. the reason this is such a big deal is because by 5 months, my other kids were in size 3 and even 4 diapers. She is just our little string bean. 

************************************************

Kael has screening for Preschool coming up. I am hoping that he gets in this year. I think he will be miserable with Cullan gone all day. They play together so much and Kael is so ready for school. I am really hoping that they have a spot for him. We will have to wait and see. Here's to keeping our fingers crossed on that as well. 

***********************************************

Other than that, life as normal. We found out yesterday that we have to replace the brakes on our van. I was not excited about that. Some days it just seems like money flies out of your hands before you even get a chance to know what to do with it. Oh well. It has to be done.

Well Ayla woke up and is not happy. Off to cook dinner and wrangle the troops ;0)
Hope everyone is having a Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

that does seem like a lot of money to send kids to public school. especially if you have more than one kid in school.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com