Wednesday, March 9, 2011

oh to be a fly on the wall


This morning started like most mornings. Somehow everyone ends up in our room after waking up and we usually talk for a few minutes before starting the day.
So if you were a fly on our wall this morning this is what you would hear.
Our morning started with a story from Cullan about a baby who had lost it's license and the adventure it went on to find it. Next he asked if it would be ok if he sang Ayla a "Lully-bar". This was also a Cullan original. He is quite the song writer.
While listening to the song, I commented to Garran about how stiff my back was again this morning ( I have been having some back issues for a while now) when Cullan heard this he said that he would be more than happy to give me a "mirage". This basically means that he karate chops my back for 5 minutes. So I laid on my stomach and Cullan pulls the back of my shirt up a bit and begins his karate chopping "mirage". Well what one brother does, so must another. So as Kael starts to give me a "mirage" also, Cullan exits a little grumpy and heads down stairs.
As Kael continues to give me a "mirage" he asks those oh so wonderful questions that children do. "Mom, what are these funny scratches?" as he is tracing them with his fingers on my side. "Well Kael, those aren't scratches, those are stretch marks.". Kael replies "How did you get those?" I try to respond as positively as possible that I got them from when he and all of his siblings were in my tummy. That seemed to answer that and on to the next round of questioning.
Kael again asks "eww mom, why do you have this red dot on your back?". Garran looks at it and says "that is just a mole Kael.". Kael digest that info for a minute and then proceeds with this.
Then he looks at Garran and says in a nutshell that he was really surprised to find out that I had ants living in my back and that this red dot must be the ant temple! 
So on that note I get up to start my day as a "scratched up ant temple"...sigh.... if only i had got more sleep last night. 
alas i did not. Kael entered our room somewhere around 3 am. He climbed into bed to which Garran was not happy, but I was frankly to tired to fight, so I just let him lay by me. As he gets all snug under the blanket with me he decides that it is time to chat. After about ten minutes, I say that it is really time to get to sleep. A few minutes later I hear "Mom, do you have a pillow that I can have?". SIGH! (that came from me) "Yes Honey". So I have two pillows. One that is really nice and fluffy and then another that is older and pretty flat, but that I just use to give me a little extra fluff. Well I accidentally hand him my really nice fluffy pillow and before I can realize it I hear "thanks mom, this is going to make me so comfy!". ARGGGGG. Whatever. So I take the flat pillow and toss and turn for the rest of the night.
So if you were a fly on our wall this morning, this is what you would have heard.
Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

is'nt it fun how cute kids can be, especially when you look back on it. sometimes in the moment it's easy to overlook that and just think about how tired you are.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com