Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve Party!

This year we celebrated New Years with Garran's family. Here is the party crowd. Aunt Silara came later.
We decorated the house and had some fun things for the kids to do. We played some games and came up with our own balloon drop to do when we did the countdown. We also played "Happy New Year" which is just the same as "Don't eat Frank", but you yell Happy New Year's instead!
Grandma, Ayla, Kael and Briea. Briea looks really excited doesn't she?
Sweet Ayla. Sweet as ever and just hanging out. She really is an awesome baby.
Kael wanted a picture with his little sissy.
Garran, Silara, Sam, Kael and Ayla. Check out these PaRtY AnImAlS!
The boys and Briea being silly. We also watched "Despicable Me"!
My and my Honey. I have to laugh. In every picture my eyes are either closed or I look like a deer in the headlight. You can guess which this is ;0)
Happy New Year's from our family!
Grandma and Grandpa.
Grandma and Grandpa plus our kiddos!
Garran and his dad playing "Happy New Year!!"
Happy New Years from ME!
I finally made it in a picture.
I thought I would throw in the video of our balloon drop. It was a lot of fun. Garran's mom and I were trying to think of something fun for the kids to do when we did our countdown and this is what we came up with. (We did their countdown at 8:30. We thought we would let them stay up late for New Years!) The kids were really good sports considering some of them have had runny noses. I guess fun is fun when you are little. Feeling yucky or not. ;0)

Hope everyone had a safe and happy new years!

2 comments:

Britt said...

I soooo wish I was able to be there. I really miss my family. All of you.

Lisa said...

I LOVE your balloon drop!! What a great idea. And doing it before midnight - that's a great idea too! We didn't do much and just put the kids to bed at their normal bed time.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com