Friday, November 19, 2010

my big day

well thursday turned out so much better than i thought it was going to. i have to admit i was feeling a little down. i was bummed that garran was going to be in class all day and i was bummed that i was so far away from all my friends in waterloo. there was a group of us there that use to have birthdays close together and so we would all go out to dinner to celebrate each year. this is the first year i wouldn't be there for it. 
so this is how my day went. garran came home around 1:00. he surprised me by having a lady from church come over to watch the kids and he took me out to lunch. he was so proud of himself for pulling of surprise. he usually can't hold it in when he has a really good surprise, but this time he did. i had no clue. i love him so much. even when we can't do anything to big, i love that we both try to do something to make the other one feel special on big days like birthdays. 
after we got home, garran had to go back to school. boo! but the kids and i had a fun night. we had dinner together and I had picked up a small ice cream cake since I thought that would be my only form of celebration.
 here is the yummy cake. i think the kids were more excited than i was!
 b was to tuckered out to make it to cake. i was ok with that. while i love her bunches and bunches she had been really grumpy and i knew she really needed some sleep.
 ayla however was ready to party!! to bad she could not have any cake.
of course the boys were ready for some yummy fun!!
it was a fun day, and now i have started a new decade of life. hopefully i can make this next 10 years even better than the years before!!

2 comments:

ALTA said...

Glad you had a great day! Happy Brithday!

Britt said...

that looks like a very yummy cake.

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com