Monday, November 8, 2010

checks

today we had yearly check ups for the boys and ayla's two week check up. you would think, "wow meghan, it was a really good idea for you to schedule all the appointments together since the doctors office is 45 minutes away and you could just get them all knocked out."
WRONG!
oh my heavens, it could not have gone worse. it was like I was in the middle of a sitcom.
lets cover the stats first:
Cullan-5 Years Old
weight: 46.5 pounds
height: 43.5 inches
Kael-4 Years Old
weight: 46.5 pounds
height: 40 3/4 inches
Ayla-2 Weeks Old
weight: 8.10 pounds
height: 20 inches
briea-1 1/2 old
did not get checked but is wore out from our day!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
ok so here we go. we get there at 9:00am. by 10:00am we are still filling out paperwork because it is Cullan, Kael and Ayla's first time at this doctors office. YIKES! so the kids are kind of playing in the lobby but briea however decides that she is tired, not feeling well and wants to lay on the floor and wander around and not be very cooperative. Finally we are called back. we have to strip all three down while again B is refusing to stay in the room. The boys do not want to take their clothes off, because they are funny about strangers seeing them naked. (go figure i know, my kids never seem to want to wear clothes at home.) anyways we get them stripped down, height and weight checked, then they need urine samples from the boys. OH JOY! this is a new adventure. so i take the boys in the bathroom and garran takes the girls back to the room (which i might add is right across the hall from the bathroom). so i take the boys in the bathroom and explain to them that they have to go potty in the cup. i forgot to mention that if they still had to go after they filled the cup that they should aim for the toilet. i guess i just thought that they would know that. I WAS WRONG! cullan went first. as he started to get to the top of his cup i could see the panic in his eyes. i suddenly realized he did not know what to do. AHHHHH! so I say "can you stop" he shakes his head NO!. So I grab the cup and try and get him to the toilet. unfortunately there was a stool in the way and things went down hill from there. he ended up spraying both my pant legs, the wall, the toilet paper roll and a good 3/4's of the floor before we got to the toilet. sigh. i got him cleaned up and opened the door to send him across the hall to garran. as i did garran is already standing there with ayla fussing and briea crying. garran took one look at me and then the bathroom and I just closed the door. it was on of those parenting moments where no words were really needed. we muddle through the rest of the appointment. full physicals for the boys. I was so glad garran was there for that. they look good. a few standard tests to run but for the most part all was well. then on to ayla. she has a little reflux but the doctor gave us some suggestions so hopefully things will start looking up on that front. by the time we got to the car, all garran could say was "you are a strong women to have ever done this by yourself!'' I love that my husband says those things sometimes. It is just good to hear every now and then.

2 comments:

Britt said...

I so could have never done that by myself. I think I would have been crying by the end.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, thank heavens you weren't alone. That is a story to remember!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com