Friday, June 13, 2008

What am I going to MISS?

As most know I love music. There is something about country music that you can kind of get lost in the story. Anyways I love this song. Everytime I hear it, I think about my own life and my boys. These are the things I think I will look back and miss.
Somedays I miss high school and my friends that I had there. I miss hanging out and just being young and not really having any worries. At the time I thought I did, but now looking back you see things differently.
I do have to admit that I miss the time when Sargento and I were first married. I love my kids, but I miss how we could just have fun together and do what we wanted - when we wanted. There was a lot of fun memmories made in the first few years of our marriage.
Then came the kiddos and more good memories just different. These are some of the ones I am loving right now.. and I am sure I will miss.

Curls.
The way he says " Ohh Tannnks"
The way he bounce his head around so he can feel his curls bounce when he runs.
The way he comes in in the morning and says "Mom WAAY UP" and then laughs hysterically.
The way he is constantly into naughtiness. ( right now I would say I won't miss it, but I know years from now I will look back and laugh about all the things he has done.)
The way I constantly have to fish his toys out of the fish tank.. IE spiderman.
The way he runs at me and gives me a big hug the minute I walk through the door, and says MOMMY!

Lets see with Rewind I will miss,
how lovey he is. He always wants a hug or a kiss or a cuddle.
His duck lips.. I will have to try and get a picture.
All of his funny faces..
How while I am making dinner every night he follows me around and gives me kisses on my leg.. saying mmmmm waaaaa (that is a big kiss sound!)
How he sleeps all balled up on his tummy, feet tucked under and all.
His numerus funny faces.

I am sure I could list a million more..

If you looked back at whatever point in your life you are at.. what would you say you miss?

2 comments:

Mo said...

GREAT song and oh how true!!!

Lacey.costner said...

Wow, I was just thinking about this very thing the other day. I really took it for granted being on my own. I do miss those times. Also, wow, having a kid just changes everything. I'm really glad Ryan and I had 3 1/2 years together first, but wow, sometimes I wish I had her sooner. Heres to living in the moment, and always having better tomorrows!!

our story

My photo
Midwest, United States
I love the saying "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother". My husband does an amazing job of that. I am truly married to my best friend. We laugh often and try to see the best in every situation, or at least find the humor in it. We have four beautiful children. Cullan (7) Kael (6) Briea (3) and Ayla (2). We are currently living in Illinois while Garran attends Grad School. He is a talented print maker and is enjoying his time here. He has a website if you are interested. www.garrangillespie.com Right now we are living every day to the fullest and trying to have as much fun as possible along the way!!

This explains why I blog so much RIGHT?

“Your journal is your autobiography, so it should be kept carefully. You are unique, and there may be incidents in your experience that are more noble and praiseworthy in their way than those recorded in any other life. …
“What could you do better for your children and your children’s children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, your recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?”
Elder Spencer W Kimball!

I need to read this every morning!

"It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don't worry. I say that to myself every morning. It all works out in the end. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us. He will not forsake us. If we will put our trust in Him, if we will pray to Him, if we will live worthy of His blessings, He will hear our prayers."

-President Gordon B. Hinckley

these are my people! =)

where ya from...huh.huh..huh?

show me the love

search engine marketing company
provided by Inteliture.com